5 Written Questions
4 Matching Questions
- physical chemical
- alkaline earth metals
- a what are the semiconductiong elements used in computers?
- b the periodic law: the ________ and ________ properties of elements are periodic functions of their atomic numbers.
- c which metals are more commonly found in nature?
- d when did mendeleev create a table that grouped elements with SIMILAR PROPERTIES.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- a measure of ABILITY of an atom in A CHEMICAL COMPOUND to ATTRACT ELECTRONS.
- Cations have a ________ radius than their nuetral atoms.
- non-metals (right side of p.t) tend to for a NEGATIVE charge as they _____ ELECTRONS.
- he arranged the elements in INCREASING NUMBER OF PROTONS in the nucleus and eliminated some of the inconsistencies w/mendeleev's table
- these have a larger radius than their neutral atoms.
5 True/False Questions
noble gases → most atoms _________ energy when they acquire an electron.
Tungsten → which has the highest m.p of all the metals? and was used in lightbulbs as well.
Fluorine → this is the MOST ELECTRONEGATIVE element and is given a value of 4.
f → the __-block is called the TRANSITION ELEMENTS. which are mostly metals
Moseley's periodic law → he arranged the elements in INCREASING NUMBER OF PROTONS in the nucleus and eliminated some of the inconsistencies w/mendeleev's table