5 Written questions
5 Multiple choice questions
- found only in plant cells: site of photosynthesis; bound by a double membrane
- makes ribosomal RNA, a major constituent (part) of ribosomes.
- the powerhouse of the cell; responsible for breaking down glucose to release energy (cellular respiration); has a double membrane and its own DNA.
- control center of the cell; surrounded by a double membrane with pores; DNA and nucleolus in the cell.
- Found in plant cells only; provides support for the cell and protects it from bursting. Found outside of the cell membrane.
5 True/False questions
Plasma membrane → membrane bound organelles that contain enzymes that break down cellular debris and wastes (worn out organelles)
prokaryote → cells that do not have a nucleus or membrane bound organelles. The only organelle found inside the cell that is common with eukaryotes is the ribosome; bacteria cells
Rough endoplasmic reticulum → location of protein synthesis for proteins that are going to be packaged and sent out of the cell; ribosomes are found on this part of the organelle making it rough.
Smooth endoplasmic reticulum → location of protein synthesis for proteins that are going to be packaged and sent out of the cell; ribosomes are found on this part of the organelle making it rough.
ribosomes → responsible for making proteins; found on the rough endoplasmic reticulum and in the cytoplasm; the only organelle found in both eukaryotic cells and prokaryotic cells because of the fact that ribosomes are not surrounded by a membrane.