5 Written Questions
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- makes ribosomal RNA, a major constituent (part) of ribosomes.
- cells that do not have a nucleus or membrane bound organelles. The only organelle found inside the cell that is common with eukaryotes is the ribosome; bacteria cells
- the powerhouse of the cell; responsible for breaking down glucose to release energy (cellular respiration); has a double membrane and its own DNA.
- regulates what comes into and out of the cell
- control center of the cell; surrounded by a double membrane with pores; DNA and nucleolus in the cell.
5 True/False Questions
golgi apparatus → found only in plant cells: site of photosynthesis; bound by a double membrane
Smooth endoplasmic reticulum → location of protein synthesis for proteins that are going to be packaged and sent out of the cell; ribosomes are found on this part of the organelle making it rough.
chloroplasts → found only in plant cells: site of photosynthesis; bound by a double membrane
ribosomes → responsible for making proteins; found on the rough endoplasmic reticulum and in the cytoplasm; the only organelle found in both eukaryotic cells and prokaryotic cells because of the fact that ribosomes are not surrounded by a membrane.
Rough endoplasmic reticulum → location of lipid synthesis to make membranes in the cell