← Newcomb's cells Test
5 Written Questions
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Membrane-bound organelle used for storage materials and/or wastes in the cell; Larger in plants than in animals
- makes ribosomal RNA, a major constituent (part) of ribosomes.
- Cells that have a true nucleus and membrane bound organelles such as mitochondria and endoplasmic reticulum to name a few.
- location of protein synthesis for proteins that are going to be packaged and sent out of the cell; ribosomes are found on this part of the organelle making it rough.
- membrane bound organelles that contain enzymes that break down cellular debris and wastes (worn out organelles)
5 True/False Questions
cell wall → a thick, clear liquid residing inside the cell membrane holding organelles.
Plasma membrane → regulates what comes into and out of the cell
mitochondria → responsible for making proteins; found on the rough endoplasmic reticulum and in the cytoplasm; the only organelle found in both eukaryotic cells and prokaryotic cells because of the fact that ribosomes are not surrounded by a membrane.
golgi apparatus → found only in plant cells: site of photosynthesis; bound by a double membrane
cytoplasm → a thick, clear liquid residing inside the cell membrane holding organelles.