5 Written questions
5 Multiple choice questions
- membrane bound organelles that contain enzymes that break down cellular debris and wastes (worn out organelles)
- control center of the cell; surrounded by a double membrane with pores; DNA and nucleolus in the cell.
- the powerhouse of the cell; responsible for breaking down glucose to release energy (cellular respiration); has a double membrane and its own DNA.
- responsible for making proteins; found on the rough endoplasmic reticulum and in the cytoplasm; the only organelle found in both eukaryotic cells and prokaryotic cells because of the fact that ribosomes are not surrounded by a membrane.
- location of lipid synthesis to make membranes in the cell
5 True/False questions
eukaryote → cells that do not have a nucleus or membrane bound organelles. The only organelle found inside the cell that is common with eukaryotes is the ribosome; bacteria cells
nucleolus → makes ribosomal RNA, a major constituent (part) of ribosomes.
golgi apparatus → responsible for processing and modifying proteins and other materials to prepare them for their destination, especially for proteins that are secreted from the cell.
Vacuole → membrane bound organelles that contain enzymes that break down cellular debris and wastes (worn out organelles)
prokaryote → Cells that have a true nucleus and membrane bound organelles such as mitochondria and endoplasmic reticulum to name a few.