← Newcomb's cells Test
5 Written Questions
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- found only in plant cells: site of photosynthesis; bound by a double membrane
- Membrane-bound organelle used for storage materials and/or wastes in the cell; Larger in plants than in animals
- the powerhouse of the cell; responsible for breaking down glucose to release energy (cellular respiration); has a double membrane and its own DNA.
- responsible for processing and modifying proteins and other materials to prepare them for their destination, especially for proteins that are secreted from the cell.
- location of protein synthesis for proteins that are going to be packaged and sent out of the cell; ribosomes are found on this part of the organelle making it rough.
5 True/False Questions
Smooth endoplasmic reticulum → location of protein synthesis for proteins that are going to be packaged and sent out of the cell; ribosomes are found on this part of the organelle making it rough.
cytoplasm → a thick, clear liquid residing inside the cell membrane holding organelles.
Plasma membrane → membrane bound organelles that contain enzymes that break down cellular debris and wastes (worn out organelles)
ribosomes → responsible for making proteins; found on the rough endoplasmic reticulum and in the cytoplasm; the only organelle found in both eukaryotic cells and prokaryotic cells because of the fact that ribosomes are not surrounded by a membrane.
nucleus → makes ribosomal RNA, a major constituent (part) of ribosomes.