← Newcomb's cells Test
5 Written Questions
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- location of protein synthesis for proteins that are going to be packaged and sent out of the cell; ribosomes are found on this part of the organelle making it rough.
- location of lipid synthesis to make membranes in the cell
- responsible for making proteins; found on the rough endoplasmic reticulum and in the cytoplasm; the only organelle found in both eukaryotic cells and prokaryotic cells because of the fact that ribosomes are not surrounded by a membrane.
- Found in plant cells only; provides support for the cell and protects it from bursting. Found outside of the cell membrane.
- makes ribosomal RNA, a major constituent (part) of ribosomes.
5 True/False Questions
golgi apparatus → found only in plant cells: site of photosynthesis; bound by a double membrane
Vacuole → Membrane-bound organelle used for storage materials and/or wastes in the cell; Larger in plants than in animals
Plasma membrane → membrane bound organelles that contain enzymes that break down cellular debris and wastes (worn out organelles)
cytoplasm → a thick, clear liquid residing inside the cell membrane holding organelles.
chloroplasts → found only in plant cells: site of photosynthesis; bound by a double membrane