5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Compromise of 1850
- Free Enterprise
- America's 1st form of government was "Declaration of Independence"
- Free speech
- Dred Scott Decision 1857
- a CA enters unions as a free state.
- b False
- c US Supreme Court defines slavery; "once a slave, always a slave"
- d No limitation on how one can earn a living.
- e right to express one's particular opinion or view.
5 Multiple choice questions
- False, is when colonies exist for financial benefit of mother country.
- the process of choosing a person or determining a particular issue.
- abolishes slavery in US
- leads attack on Harper's Ferry to arm slaves and lead to freedom.
5 True/False questions
Kansas/Nebraska Act 1854 → concept of Popular Sovereignty (will of the People decides slavery)
Protest → ability to express disagreement with authority.
The 3/5 Compromise stated that "Blacks" were 3/5 of a citizen → False, is for voting purposes all persons not listed equals 3/5 of a citizen.
Holidays → special days that Americans celebrate similarly across the country.
"Louisiana" was ceded to England after the Peace of Paris in 1763 → False, Jefferson purchases La. Territory (Mississippi River to Rocky Mountains) from Napoleon; Lewis & Clark explore with Sakajawa(Indian) as interpreter, York(BLK) guide