5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Ku Klux Klan
- "Louisiana" was ceded to England after the Peace of Paris in 1763
- Free Enterprise
- Secession Feb. 1861
- Oliver O. Howard
- a No limitation on how one can earn a living.
- b director of Freedman's Bureau ; founded Howard University
- c southern states attempt to leave union; Montgomery Confederate capital.
- d southern Whites attempt to regain control of South through violence.
- e False, Jefferson purchases La. Territory (Mississippi River to Rocky Mountains) from Napoleon; Lewis & Clark explore with Sakajawa(Indian) as interpreter, York(BLK) guide
5 Multiple choice questions
- False, Land was given over to England from Appalachian Mts. To Mississippi River; British colonists(Americans) settle in as payment for helping to defeat French; Br. Parliament attempts to tax Americans for use of land.
- False, Americans lured to Texas by Mexicans but prohibit slavery; Mexicans defeat all Americans at Alamo including one Blk; Sam Houston defeats Santa Anna at San Jacinto; Texas becomes a sovereign country(maintains slavery)
- the process of choosing a person or determining a particular issue.
- Natural born
5 True/False questions
The bringing in of such persons(for Labor) would continue "with a tax of 10 dollars to the government up until 1808" → True
Militia → Defense of a particular community by members of that community.
John Wilkes Booth April 1865 → Assassinates President Lincoln; Andrew Johnson becomes President.
Reconstruction Period 1865-1876 → Period of rebuilding US after Civil War
Arcadia was a settlement along the "St. Lawrence River" which became the cultural roots of Cajuns in Louisiana. → True