5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Religious freedom
- Republican Party 1856
- Emancipation Proclamation January 1863
- Uncle Tom's Cabin 1852
- The "7 years War" was a conflict between England and France over empire.
- a no designated religion by governments.
- b Novel written by Harriet Beecher Stowe about horrors of slavery.
- c national political party founded to abolish slavery.
- d Lincoln free slaves in some states as war measure.
- e True
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Amendment 1
- ability to express one's self outwardly (clothes, music, groups etc.)
- 1st Black to be US senator; was appointed (from Mississippi)
- 1st Black to be governor of a state (Louisiana)
- leads attack on Harper's Ferry to arm slaves and lead to freedom.
5 True/False Questions
Righteous Indignation → God's retribution for perceived wrong.
American Dream → ??? Whatever you make it as.
John Wilkes Booth April 1865 → Assassinates President Lincoln; Andrew Johnson becomes President.
Holidays → special days that Americans celebrate similarly across the country.
Former senator from Illinois "Carl Mosley Brown" is running for the mayor of Chicago. → True