← History 210 Final Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- The Mississippi River valley extended from the "Rocky Mountains" to the Mississippi River.
- Religious Tolerance
- Election of 1860
- What is a qualification for one to be president of the US ?
- a Natural born
- b Lincoln, a Republican, elected President; south fears slavery abolished.
- c False, Land was given over to England from Appalachian Mts. To Mississippi River; British colonists(Americans) settle in as payment for helping to defeat French; Br. Parliament attempts to tax Americans for use of land.
- d the presence and input of diverse races, cultures in American society.
- e accept the presence of other religious beliefs.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- concept of Popular Sovereignty (will of the People decides slavery)
- False, Jefferson purchases La. Territory (Mississippi River to Rocky Mountains) from Napoleon; Lewis & Clark explore with Sakajawa(Indian) as interpreter, York(BLK) guide
- False, it was parliament
- special days that Americans celebrate similarly across the country.
5 True/False Questions
Ft. Sumter April 1861 → 1st battle of Civil War; south wins early battles
Adventure → the process of choosing a person or determining a particular issue.
Militia → concept of limitless boundaries of land. Go West.
Travel → the need for Americans to go wherever regardless of reason or excuse.
The bringing in of such persons(for Labor) would continue "with a tax of 10 dollars to the government up until 1808" → True