5 Written questions
4 Matching questions
- Texas becomes a sovereign country in 1837 with Sam Houston's defeat of Santa Anna at the "Alamo"
- John Brown 1859
- Black patriots Salem Poor and Peter Salem fought against the British at "Bunker Hill"
- a True
- b False, Americans lured to Texas by Mexicans but prohibit slavery; Mexicans defeat all Americans at Alamo including one Blk; Sam Houston defeats Santa Anna at San Jacinto; Texas becomes a sovereign country(maintains slavery)
- c leads attack on Harper's Ferry to arm slaves and lead to freedom.
- d special days that Americans celebrate similarly across the country.
5 Multiple choice questions
- the need for Americans to go wherever regardless of reason or excuse.
- 1st women's right convention held; Sojourner Truth attends.
5 True/False questions
Hiram Revels → 1st Black to be US senator; was appointed (from Mississippi)
Militia → the process of choosing a person or determining a particular issue.
Arcadia was a settlement along the "St. Lawrence River" which became the cultural roots of Cajuns in Louisiana. → False, is when colonies exist for financial benefit of mother country.
Townhall meetings → the process of choosing a person or determining a particular issue.
The french became allies with the Americans after the American victory at "Saratoga NY" in 1777 → False, Law passed by Parliament for Americans to house, feed, wash clothing of soldiers who were protesting tax collectors.