← History 210 Final Test
5 Written Questions
4 Matching Questions
- "Lord Dunmore" was the British general who promised freedom to American slaves if they fought on the British Side during the American Revolutionary War.
- Rugged Individualism
- Yankee Ingenuity
- The american revolution started with shots fired at
- a True
- b Succeed or fail on your merits.
- c The ability to find a temporary solution to an immediate problem.
- d Lexington
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Lee surrenders to Grant to end American Civil War
- ability to choose representative to represent one's interests.
- 20 Blacks elected from the south during Reconstruction.
- Defense of a particular community by members of that community.
5 True/False Questions
What person's philosophy inspired Thomas Jefferson to write the Declaration of Independence. → John Locke
Texas becomes a sovereign country in 1837 with Sam Houston's defeat of Santa Anna at the "Alamo" → False, Americans lured to Texas by Mexicans but prohibit slavery; Mexicans defeat all Americans at Alamo including one Blk; Sam Houston defeats Santa Anna at San Jacinto; Texas becomes a sovereign country(maintains slavery)
Compromise of 1850 → ends Reconstruction Period; federal troops removed from South; Hayes becomes president, Tilden withdraws.
What amendment guarantees the right to protest? → Amendment 1
"Louisiana" was ceded to England after the Peace of Paris in 1763 → False, Jefferson purchases La. Territory (Mississippi River to Rocky Mountains) from Napoleon; Lewis & Clark explore with Sakajawa(Indian) as interpreter, York(BLK) guide