← Endocrine IB 131 Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Adrenal hormones help one cope with what?
- Cortex is composed of three layers
(zones). What are they?
- After the hormones secreted by the anterior lobe enter the secondary capillary plexus and then enter the general circulation, what does it do next?
- What secretes glucagon?
- In the kidneys, endothelial cells and interstitial connective
tissue secrete what?
- a travel to target organs
- b erythropoietin
- c danger, terror, or stress
- d Alpha cells (α cells)
- e Zona glomerulosa, Zona fasciculata, Zona reticularis
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Parathyroid hormone (PTH)
- Axons of the posterior lobe of pituitary
- Acinar cells
5 True/False Questions
Nerve supply of what glands is almost exclusively sympathetic fibers? → Adrenal (Suprarenal) glands
What has two endocrine glands in one? → Adrenal (Suprarenal) glands
In males, what promotes the formation of sperm and maintains secondary sex characteristics? → Pars nervosa and infundibular
What is Follistatin? → Inhibits secretion of insulin and glucagon
Exocrine cells are what? → modified ganglionic sympathetic neurons