5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- What is in the right lung?
- what is a double-layered sac surrounding each
- What is the epithelium of the trachea?
- How many alveoli account for
tremendous surface area of the lungs?
- What is conducting zone?
- a ~300 million
- b carries air to sites of gas exchange and filter, humidify, and warm air as it is conducted through nose, mouth, throat, trachea and bronchi
- c pseudostratified ciliated columnar
- d Superior, middle, & inferior lobes
• Fissures—oblique and horizontal
- e pleurae
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- inferior surface of lung which sets on the
- an active process
- Closed during swallowing and open during breathing
- - Sensitive to rising and falling O2 and CO2 levels
- Nasal respiratory mucosa
5 True/False Questions
Terminal bronchioles branch to form what? Which leads to what? → 0.5 mm in diameter
What does the pharyngeal tonsil (adenoids) do? → covers the posterior surface of the tongue
What are the basic functions of the
respiratory system? → pseudostratified ciliated columnar
Resonating chamber for speech? → The nose
ventral respiratory group
(VRG) is in reticular formation in the
___? → Goblet cells