7. In packet switching, when packets reach their destination node, the node _____ them based on their control information.
9. All Ethernet networks, independent of their speed or frame type, use an access method called ___________.
Nearly all NICs contain (n) _________, device that transmit and receives data signals.
14. CompactFlash is an example of a peripheral device attached to the computer's ______ bus.
16. _________ is a set of data or instructions that has been saved to a ROM (read-only memory) chip (which is on the NIC).
17. Each time a computer starts up, the device drivers for all its connected peripherals are loaded into ______________.
18. If the ___________ NIC LED indicator is blinking, the NIC is functioning and receiving frames.
19. A(n) ________________ is the circuit board wire over which a device issues voltage to signal this request.
23. At the customer's demarcation point, either inside or outside the building, the T-carrier wire pairs terminate with a ____________.
24. A _______ aggregates multiple DSL subscriber lines and connects them to the carrier's CO.
25. Broadband cable requires many subscribers to share the same local line, thus raising concerns about _________ and actual (versus theoretical) throughput.
27. SONET's extraordinary __________ results from its use of a double-ring topology over fiber-optic cable.
OC (Optical Carrier) level
28. The data rate of a particular SONET ring is indicated by its _____________, a rating that is internationally recognized by networking professionals and standards organizations.
29. _________ networking refers to a dialing directly into a private network's or ISP's remote access server to log on to a network.
31. In wireless communication, to exchange information, two antennas must be tuned to the same _________.
33. In ________, a wireless signal splits into secondary waves when it encounters an obstruction.
34. ________ is a most significant problem for wireless communications because the atmosphere is saturated with electromagnetic waves.
36. In _________ scanning, the station transmits a special frame, known as a probe, on all available channels within its frequency range.