good, because hormones are realeased into your blood stream
does endocrine glands have a good or bad blood suply? why?
hypophiseal protal veins connect the capillary bed of the ___________ with the capillary bed of the _____________
signal from the hypothalumus
how does the anterior patuitary know to release TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone)
1. signals from the nervous system
2. chemical changes in the blood
3. and other hormones
Hormone secretion is regulated by
1. cardiac conduction
2. atrioventricular bundle-bundle of fibers that carry cardiac impulses
3. atrioventricular node- a section of the nodel tissue that delays and relays cardiac impulses
4. purkinje fibers- fiber branches that extend from the atriovenricular bundle
5. sinoatrial node- A section of the nodal tissue that sets the rate of contraction for the heart
1. This is the rate at which the heart conducts electrical impulses: (2-5) the following structures play an important role in causeing the heart to conduct. (List functions too)
Respiratory pump mechanism
Pressure changes occur in the thoracic and abdominal cavities during inspiration and expiration. This compresses veins and assists blood return to the heart.
The muscle pump mechanism
Muscular contractions compress the veins, squeezing blood back towards the heart.