5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- will, +,-,none
- Natural selection
- reduced hybrid viability
- a provides a mechanism for evolutionary change
- b genetic drift _______ happen, and has a ________ effect
- c natural selection consistently has a _______ effect
- d differences among species, but not enough to make them a new species
- e a post-zygotic barrier where fertilization occurs but the hybrid offspring do not survive well, either in the womb or after birth
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- pre-zygotic barrier where mating may be attempted but morphological, physical factors prevent the act of mating.
- change in allele frequencies in a population from one generation to the next
- movement of genes from one population to another due to the input of genes from individuals of another population
- all of the alles for all loci in a populations
- natural selection that is related to mating success includes the ability to locate males, courtship behaviors, ornaments the mates find attrative, etc.
5 True/False Questions
Lamarck → Idea of adaption and evolution, not made famous by discovery
descent with modification → type of selection favors individuals at opposite ends of the phenotypic range
Wallace → Idea of adaption and evolution, not made famous by discovery
stabalizing selection → natural selection that is related to mating success includes the ability to locate males, courtship behaviors, ornaments the mates find attrative, etc.
endemics → alternative versions of a gene that can produce a different phenotypic effect (ex. eye color)