← Zoology final exam Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- reproductive isolation
- stabalizing selection
- descent with modification
- reduced hybrid fertility
- a species observed today are the result of gradual change from a common ancestor
- b type of selection favors individuals at the middle of the phenotypic range
- c the existence of biological factors that prevent two indviduals from interbreeding and producing viable offspring
- d a post-zygotic barrier where fertilizaiton occurs, but the hybrid is sterile and unable to reproduce (liger, mule, etc.)
- e differences among species, but not enough to make them a new species
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- observed new, diffferent species, visited many islands, observed gradual change, natural selection, adaptation,etc. Credited for idea of evolution.
- Natural selection acts on _______ but evolutionary change ultimately implies change in the _______ of the population
- change in allele frequencies in a population from one generation to the next
- genetic composition of an individual
- mate choice, acts on traits that affect success on being chosen for mating by the opposite sex
5 True/False Questions
adaptive evolution via natural selection → NO variation means....
small → what kind of population experiences an increase in drift?
asexual → the biological species concept might not work for _______ organisms
hybrid breakdown → on average the affects of mutations are deleterious, an accumulation of deleterious effects
speciation → change in in structure of a gene or chromosome, only way to create new alleles