5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- ribosomal RNA
- transfer RNA
- a type of RNA molecule that transfers amino acids to ribosomes during protein synthesis
- b change in a DNA sequence that affects genetic information
- c type of RNA molecule that plays a structural role in ribosomes
- d three-nucleotide sequence on messenger RNA that codes for a single amino acid
- e process of converting information in mRNA into a sequence of amino acids in a protein
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- a table that shows the amino acid that corresponds to each of the 64 possible codons
- The covalent linkage between two amino acid units in a polypeptide; formed by a dehydration reaction.
- The process of producing proteins by bonding together specific amino acids in a specific order
- a specific sequence of nucleotides that marks the end of a gene.
- small organelle in the cell on which proteins are assembled; made of RNA and protein
5 True/False Questions
stop codon → codon that signals to ribosomes to begin translation; codes for the first amino acid in a protein
messenger RNA → type of RNA molecule that transfers amino acids to ribosomes during protein synthesis
RNA → sequence of DNA that codes information for protein synthesis.
intron → sequence of DNA that is not involved in coding for a protein
promoter → small organelle in the cell on which proteins are assembled; made of RNA and protein