5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- genetic code
- stop codon
- peptide bond
- termination signal
- a The covalent linkage between two amino acid units in a polypeptide; formed by a dehydration reaction.
- b a codon in messenger RNA that stops protein synthesis and causes the completed protein chain to be released from the ribosome
- c three-nucleotide sequence on messenger RNA that codes for a single amino acid
- d a specific sequence of nucleotides that marks the end of a gene.
- e a table that shows the amino acid that corresponds to each of the 64 possible codons
5 Multiple choice questions
- sequence of DNA that codes information for protein synthesis.
- a nucleic acid that plays an important role in the production of proteins
- codon that signals to ribosomes to begin translation; codes for the first amino acid in a protein
- the organic process whereby the DNA sequence in a gene is copied into mRNA
- type of RNA molecule that plays a structural role in ribosomes
5 True/False questions
intron → sequence of DNA that is not involved in coding for a protein
transfer RNA → type of RNA molecule that transfers amino acids to ribosomes during protein synthesis
mutation → change in a DNA sequence that affects genetic information
translation → the organic process whereby the DNA sequence in a gene is copied into mRNA
RNA polymerase → small organelle in the cell on which proteins are assembled; made of RNA and protein