← Chapter 10 Part 2 Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- termination signal
- messenger RNA
- genetic code
- peptide bond
- a The covalent linkage between two amino acid units in a polypeptide; formed by a dehydration reaction.
- b a specific sequence of nucleotides that marks the end of a gene.
- c a table that shows the amino acid that corresponds to each of the 64 possible codons
- d the genetic message from the DNA which is transferred to the protein-synthesizing machinery of the cell
- e a nucleic acid that plays an important role in the production of proteins
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- sequence of DNA that codes information for protein synthesis.
- process of converting information in mRNA into a sequence of amino acids in a protein
- The process of producing proteins by bonding together specific amino acids in a specific order
- small organelle in the cell on which proteins are assembled; made of RNA and protein
- three-nucleotide sequence on messenger RNA that codes for a single amino acid
5 True/False Questions
transcription → the organic process whereby the DNA sequence in a gene is copied into mRNA
transfer RNA → type of RNA molecule that transfers amino acids to ribosomes during protein synthesis
promoter → region of DNA that indicates to an enzyme where to bind to make RNA
intron → sequence of DNA that is not involved in coding for a protein
anticodon → group of three nucleotides on a tRNA molecule that are complementary to an mRNA codon