5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- peptide bond
- stop codon
- genetic code
- termination signal
- a The covalent linkage between two amino acid units in a polypeptide; formed by a dehydration reaction.
- b group of three nucleotides on a tRNA molecule that are complementary to an mRNA codon
- c a codon in messenger RNA that stops protein synthesis and causes the completed protein chain to be released from the ribosome
- d a table that shows the amino acid that corresponds to each of the 64 possible codons
- e a specific sequence of nucleotides that marks the end of a gene.
5 Multiple choice questions
- transcription enzyme that links RNA nucleotides together
- process of converting information in mRNA into a sequence of amino acids in a protein
- a nucleic acid that plays an important role in the production of proteins
- sequence of DNA that codes information for protein synthesis.
- codon that signals to ribosomes to begin translation; codes for the first amino acid in a protein
5 True/False questions
transfer RNA → process of converting information in mRNA into a sequence of amino acids in a protein
protein synthesis → The process of producing proteins by bonding together specific amino acids in a specific order
transcription → process of converting information in mRNA into a sequence of amino acids in a protein
mutation → change in a DNA sequence that affects genetic information
ribosomal RNA → type of RNA molecule that plays a structural role in ribosomes