5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- transfer RNA
- termination signal
- genetic code
- a group of three nucleotides on a tRNA molecule that are complementary to an mRNA codon
- b type of RNA molecule that transfers amino acids to ribosomes during protein synthesis
- c sequence of DNA that codes information for protein synthesis.
- d a specific sequence of nucleotides that marks the end of a gene.
- e a table that shows the amino acid that corresponds to each of the 64 possible codons
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- process of converting information in mRNA into a sequence of amino acids in a protein
- The covalent linkage between two amino acid units in a polypeptide; formed by a dehydration reaction.
- small organelle in the cell on which proteins are assembled; made of RNA and protein
- region of DNA that indicates to an enzyme where to bind to make RNA
- a nucleic acid that plays an important role in the production of proteins
5 True/False Questions
RNA polymerase → small organelle in the cell on which proteins are assembled; made of RNA and protein
messenger RNA → the genetic message from the DNA which is transferred to the protein-synthesizing machinery of the cell
ribosomal RNA → type of RNA molecule that plays a structural role in ribosomes
start codon → a codon in messenger RNA that stops protein synthesis and causes the completed protein chain to be released from the ribosome
stop codon → a codon in messenger RNA that stops protein synthesis and causes the completed protein chain to be released from the ribosome