5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- transfer RNA
- stop codon
- a group of three nucleotides on a tRNA molecule that are complementary to an mRNA codon
- b type of RNA molecule that transfers amino acids to ribosomes during protein synthesis
- c region of DNA that indicates to an enzyme where to bind to make RNA
- d a codon in messenger RNA that stops protein synthesis and causes the completed protein chain to be released from the ribosome
- e sequence of DNA that codes information for protein synthesis.
5 Multiple choice questions
- sequence of DNA that is not involved in coding for a protein
- the genetic message from the DNA which is transferred to the protein-synthesizing machinery of the cell
- codon that signals to ribosomes to begin translation; codes for the first amino acid in a protein
- change in a DNA sequence that affects genetic information
- type of RNA molecule that plays a structural role in ribosomes
5 True/False questions
peptide bond → The covalent linkage between two amino acid units in a polypeptide; formed by a dehydration reaction.
RNA polymerase → transcription enzyme that links RNA nucleotides together
codon → sequence of DNA that codes information for protein synthesis.
termination signal → change in a DNA sequence that affects genetic information
translation → process of converting information in mRNA into a sequence of amino acids in a protein