5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- limited liability company
- limited partnership
- general partnership
- business format franchise
- a A voluntary agreement under which two or more people act as co-owners of a business and have unlimited liability for any claims against the firm
- b A broad franchise agreement in which the franchisee pays for the right to use the name, trademark, and business and production methods of the franchisor.
- c A form of business ownership that offers both limited liability to its owners and flexible tax treatment
- d A corporate restructuring in which one firm buys another.
- e A partnership that includes at least one general partner who actively manages the company and accepts unlimited liability and one limited partner who gives up the right to actively manage the company in exchange for limited liability.
5 Multiple choice questions
- the business entity in a franchise relationship that allows others to operate their business using resources it supplies in exchange for money and other considerations
- The document filed with a state government to establish the existence of a new corporation.
- The transfer of total or partial ownership of some of a firm's assets to investors or to another company
- A form of corporation that avoids double taxation by having its income taxed as if it were a partnership.
- The party in a franchise relationship that pays for the right to use resources supplied by the franchisor
5 True/False questions
institutional investor → An organization that pools contributions from investors, clients, or depositors and uses these funds to buy stocks and other securities
vertical merger → A combination of two firms that are in the same industry
distributorship → type of franchising arrangement in which the franchisor makes a product and licenses the franchisee to sell it.
limited liability → A form of business ownership that offers both limited liability to its owners and flexible tax treatment
stockholder → the business entity in a franchise relationship that allows others to operate their business using resources it supplies in exchange for money and other considerations