Am His. Ch. 5 Exams
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Declaratory Act
- Edward Braddock
- Stamp Act
- Sugar Act
- a Britain proclaimed the right to tax colonists for no reason without challenge
- b To refuse to buy certain goods or services
- c taxes charged by British in the form of a stamp required on all newspapers and legal or commercial documents
- d British General who was defeated at Fort Duquesne when he ignored warnings of ambushes.
- e law passed by the British Parliament setting taxes on molasses and sugar imported by the colonies
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- law forbidding english colonists to settle west of the appalachian mountains
- tax you pay on something you buy
- Informed colonists of British actions. (organization was founded by Samuel Adams)
- Outspoken member of House of Burgesses; inspired colonial patriotism with "Give me liberty or give me death" speech
- stated that taxes applied only to imported goods
5 True/False Questions
Why did the Iroquois refuse to make an alliance with the British, against the French? → They expected the French to win.
Ethan Allen → led the Green Mt. boys who captured and took the cannons from Fort Ticonderoga
John Adams → Lawyer who defended British soldiers in the Boston Massacre trial. He believed in "innocent until proven guilty." In spite of these actions, he supported colonial independence.
Writs of Assistance → legal document that enabled officers to search colonist's homes and warehouses for goods that might be smuggled (part of he Townshend Act)
William Pitt → The Prime Minister of England during the French and Indian War. He increased the British troops and military supplies in the colonies, and this is why England won the war.