5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Environmentally and economically acceptable means of controlling introduced invasive species
- Efforts at urban restoration
- A natural ecosystem, undamaged by human activity, is
- taiga and tundra both
- In a previous chapter you read about "keystone species." How do the prairie dogs in this story meet the
definition of a keystone species?
- a Their burrows loosened the soil and served as homes for other species; they helped with nutrient
recycling. They helped water sink into the soil and kept soil loose for grassroots. When they were
removed, the system collapsed.
- b have low temperature throughout the year
- c a closed system of organic and inorganic materials as well as energy; where everything is recycled.
- d Efforts at urban restoration intend to undo damage done to communities due to urban development.
- e public education, introduction of appropriate predators , examination of imported goods.
5 Multiple choice questions
- net primary production
- sedimentary rocks and fossil fuels
- dynamic equilibrum
- as we produce synthetics fertilizers and apply them to crops, lawns and parks
5 True/False questions
rocks that have undergone heat or pressure that causes it to change form is called → metamorphic
grazing animals such as deers → primary consumers
the biosphere consists of the → predation
Aquifers are → are required in large amounts for organism to survive
microbes in our digestive tract represent a type of-----relationship → symbiotic