← History 101 Final Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Pope Urban II
- a Founder of the Kingdom of Franks responsible for the political unification of Gaul
- b Founder of Islamic religion and is regarded as a messenger and prophet of God
- c pope who called for the first crusade to reclaim Jerusalem from the Muslims
- d the territorial jurisdiction of an archbishop
- e German leader that defeated the Roman emporer
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- disastrous march by young christians to regain the holy land,
- Queen of France and England; she was one of the most powerful women in Europe during the Middle Ages
- A traveling poet and musician of the Middle Ages.
- Noble in Europe who served as a mounted warrior for a lord in the Middle Ages
- the medieval knight's code of ideal behavior, including bravery, loyalty, and respect for women
5 True/False Questions
Pope Gregory I → made the papacy a secular (worldly) power involved in politics; raised armies; helped poor; repaired roads; negotiated peace treaties
guild → In the Middle Ages, an organization of workers in a trade or craft that set standards and protected the interests of its members
Courtly Love Tradition → The polite relationship between men and women during the middle ages.
Crusades → A series of military expeditions launched by Christian Europeans to win the Holy land back from Muslim control.
Islam → a free person that pledges himself to a lord in return for military service or protection