← Pastries Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Cut fat in by use of pastry blender or two knives, until fat particles are about the size of peas and coated with flour
- Measure and mix flour and salt together?
- a An 10 inch pan will hold how many slices?
- b What is the second step in making pies?
- c Most are kept longer when what?
- d An 9 inch pan will hold how many slices
- e What is the first step in making pies?
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Filled pastry should be baked at what temperature for 10min then at 350F until done?
- What is lamination?
- Why does the steam stay inside each dough layer, forcing it to expand?
- If making a filled crust, what is the eleventh step in making pies?
- How do you get a shiny crust?
5 True/False Questions
Roll to 1/8'' inch thickness (.3 cm) , keep the pastry circular and roll about 1-2 inches larger than the pie pan. Always start in center → What is the eighth step in making pies?
Sugar, salt, and other spices → What are some examples of pastries?
Pastry → What increases tenderness?
Structure → What does the flour provide for pastries?
Single crust, double crust, and tart → What are the different types of glazes?