5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Children's Crusade
- Joan of Arc
- Edo Period
- Treaty of Tordesillas
- a a renegotiation of the lines they possessed (370 leagues west of the Cape Verde Islands)
- b Japan is unified under single shogun - peace and prosperity - Japan's borders closed to outside world - rise of middle urban class - most traditional music is born - Kabuki (musical theatre) and Bunraku (puppets) arise. Capita is moved to Edo.
- c ultimate reforming act, and was mandated by priests as an act of penance for sin. Often lasted for months, and pilgrims traveled to faraway destinations. pg. 292
- d 30,000 children were sold into slavery when the ship captains took them to northern Africa instead of the holy land
- e was the nominal head of the French army that was sent to relieve the siege of Orleans.
5 Multiple choice questions
- three-line verses that rhyme with the first and third line.
- depicts the story of the conflict of William and Harold from William's point of view
- became the English king when his brother Richard died - tension with the Pope further ruined relationship between church and state - forced to sign the Magna Carta
- designated times and prayers
- leader of the Franks - converted to Catholic Christianity instead of Arian - conquered the Visigoths and the Burgundians - worked for unity by promoting marriages between the Germanic Franks and the Roman Gauls - est the Merovingian Dynasty
5 True/False questions
Serfs → people who chose to work on the land for the lord rather than starve.
Sir Thomas Mallory → generated the Maslow's hierarchy of human needs
Bubonic plague → named after the buboes and was spread by fleas and rats.
Carolingian script → an ancient language of a great Indian epic.
Franciscans → followers of Saint Francis. There were over 3,000 "little brothers" as he called them. They did not own land and were not sustained by farming.