5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Catherine of Siena
- a the patriarch of Constantinople.
- b a city on Portugal's southern coast where Prince Henry the Navigator established a school
- c a tribe from the coastal region of current Holland and Belgium.
- d Known for her ability to mediate conflicts among Italian city-states, she urged the pope to move the center of the curch from Avignon back to Rome.
- e contained important texts and became widely circulated throughout Europe.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- areas under a bishop's control from which taxes were collected
- issued the official call for a holy crusade to rid the holy land of the Muslims
- battle between William of Normandy and Harold Godwinson, near England's southern coast - William faked retreat and was able to win
- traveled on sea for two whole years, the longest recorded in history at that time (to India) and brought back spices
- monarch who promoted privateers.
5 True/False Questions
Cologne → A city located in Germany that was adorned by huge towers and a gothic cathedral.
King Manuel the Fortunate → one of the children of King John. came in contact with the riches of Muslim Africa. Led the Portuguese army in the conquest of Cuerta.
Kamukaura Period → arose because of the power of the local lords. A succession crisis in the imperial family set off a short period of uncertainty that was resolved by the two most powerful warrior clans
Siegfried and Brunhild → one of the most famous linkage legends of the Arthurian tales. Was told in Das Niebelungenlied.
Pope → is the main, large portion of the church (where the Gothic style is most evidentwith high ceilings and wide spans)