5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Fujiwara clan
- a established themselves as regent over several emperors during the Heian Period through political intrigues and intermarriage,
- b those supporting the emperor.
- c the Aztec king (many vassal kings hated him)
- d one of Petrarch's disciples
- e Leonardo Pisano - learned the Arab number system, wrote a book about it and it became standard throughout all of Europe
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- went on a trip to China and observed their trading and lifestyles for 20 years. He consolidated his notes and wrote his famous book Travels in prison.
- the battle between the Anglo-Saxons and the Britons was took place here.
- for those who would continue their studies by following a curriculum of arithmetic, geometry, astronomy, and music. - These graduates were awarded a Master of Arts degree.
- involved the division of the kingdoms to Louis' three sons. (now present day France, Germany, and Italy, and others).
- the first barbarian ruler in the west after the fall of the Roman Empire (he was a Goth) - was unloved, had problems with succession, which prompted an invasion from Byzantine (Justinian) - built an awesome church in Ravenna
5 True/False Questions
Swahili tribes → a city on Portugal's southern coast where Prince Henry the Navigator established a school
Angles and the Saxons → two german tribes that invaded Britain.
Guillaume de Mauchat & Geoffrey Chaucer → named for a district in Kyoto where the government buildings were located. It was during this time that the Portuguese landed in Japan and introduced both Christianity and firearms.
Mayan civilization → developed about the time that the Olmecs were disappearing and characterized by many seemingly isolated cities, each with temple pyramids and numerous houses.
Bartholomew Dias → went around the Cape of Good Hope on the southern tip of Africa