← Ch 17-25 Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Knightly orders
- Charles I
- Great Chain of Being
- Qing Dynasty
- a the last imperial dynasty of China (from 1644 to 1912) which was overthrown by revolutionaries
- b spanish king. commissioned Ferdinand Magellan to seek a route aroudn the Americas and to the Far East.
- c A model in which every individual was linked to every other individual in a social network.
- d orders given to knights to show prestige and power as a result of the crusades.
- e an Islamic leader who was swept down from Samarkind. He proclaimed his family the new rulers of India and ruled as a powerful central authority from Samarkind.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- large bows that were very powerful and could penetrate the heavy armor of the day. However they could not be effectively fired from horseback so not appropriate for knights.
- a city on Portugal's southern coast where Prince Henry the Navigator established a school
- title given to the heads of the Eastern Orthodox Church
- a small colony left on Hispaniola (modern Haiti and the Domincan Republic)
5 True/False Questions
Notre Dame School → differentiated themselves by their musical innovation.
Martin Luther → Challenged the church on the sale of indulgences. He was later excommunicated but his efforts led to the protestant reformation.
Thomas Aquinas → Leader was Francesco Petrarch. Consisted of the new-found appreciation for the ancient classics.
brace and bit → A Borgia pope who was elected prior to the reunification of the church. He had many mistresses and even bore children from his own illegitimate daughter-- Lucrezia Borgia.
Treaty of Tordesillas → combination of Bantu with many Arabic words.