5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What do plants use to attract insects?
- What animal is often used in detecting the spread of WNV?
- Main morphological difference between ants and termites
- What is not a reason insects make excellent model systems?
- Pierce's Disease is important in California because it infects
- a Sentinel chickens
- b Grapes
- c Individual species show little or no variation
- d Termite front and hind wings are equal in size
- e Odors, UV reflectance, color = all of the above
5 Multiple choice questions
- Lyme disease
- Relies on recognizing a "real" essence of the species
- Can be used to understand the timing of diversification
- Algor mortis
5 True/False questions
Why are sentinel chickens so effective? → Helicase
Aquatic insects make poor bioindicators → False
Many traditional notions of island biogeography are being reconsidered because of phylogenetic data → True
What set of characteristics in combination applies to Insecta? → Three body tagma, one pair of antennae, three pairs of walking legs
Strain of pathogen has little or no impact on severity of infection → Fossilized