5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Techniques to make rolled collars behave properly when worn
- Machine Needle sizing
- unlike curves
- a start in the middle. Clip and notch. Reinforce
- b lengthwise yarn; most stable direction. Hangs lengthwise on the body. On the loom first.
- c finer fabric, smaller needle. 80/12 is normal.
- d darts and curves
- e by pulling out the facing edge to make the turn of cloth. aka favoring the edge. Trim and grade properly. Press the seam open before flipping it around.
5 Multiple choice questions
- bias binding
- sleeves or board
- check the threading, and if the needle and bobbin/ bobbin case are in correctly. Then check tension.
- stitch at 1/4 and then pink the edge.
- men's tailored placket
women and children continuous bound
5 True/False questions
corner seams → reduce stitch length around corners
serpentine → 1.7 - 2.4 mm or 10-14 spi
clean finish → on an insider curve, so that it can stretch to flat better.
blind hem → #2 stitch on edge. Catch the outside.
zig zag → #2 stitch on edge. Catch the outside.