5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- stitch and pink
- shirt tail hem
- clean finish
- a stitch at 1/4 and then pink the edge.
- b 1 mm or 24 spi or
regulation at 1/4 into the seam allowance. (used in armholes and crotch)
- c press at 1/4 and then sew at 1/4
- d on an insider curve, so that it can stretch to flat better.
- e sew at 5/8. pressed under at 1/4 and stitched less than an 1/8
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- bias binding
- lengthwise yarn; most stable direction. Hangs lengthwise on the body. On the loom first.
- finer fabric, smaller needle. 80/12 is normal.
- 2.4-3 mm or 8-10 spi
- sleeves or board
5 True/False Questions
unlike curves → blind stitch on the machine #7.
point presser → collars
ham → true bias is 45 degrees and bias is the diagonal. Drapes beautifully, very expensive.
corner seams → reduce stitch length around corners
under-stitching → secures the facing to allowances. at an 1/8 or closer.