5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- stitch and pink
- gathering techniques
- shirt tail hem
- a press at 1/4 and then sew at 1/4
- b 2.4-3 mm or 8-10 spi
- c stitch at 1/4 and then pink the edge.
- d 3-4 mm 6-8 spi
- e two rows: 3/8 and 5/8
three rows: 1/4, 1/2, and 3/4
5 Multiple choice questions
- sew wrong sides together. Trim one down to 1/4 and fold the other under. Sew so that the larger, folded edge covers the raw trimed edge.
- trimming to different lengths. typically 3/8 and a 1/4. Widest to the world. the larger of the grades sits underneath the top layer of fabric on the garment.
- 1 mm or 24 spi or
regulation at 1/4 into the seam allowance. (used in armholes and crotch)
- bias binding
- check the threading, and if the needle and bobbin/ bobbin case are in correctly. Then check tension.
5 True/False questions
Weft → lengthwise yarn; most stable direction. Hangs lengthwise on the body. On the loom first.
clipping → on an insider curve, so that it can stretch to flat better.
curved seams → reduce stitch length around corners
corner seams → reinforce areas that will be clipped
ham → 2.4-3 mm or 8-10 spi