5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Flat Collars best for
- If machine is not working
- a is on an outward curve so that it can lay flat. removes excess fabric.
- b on an insider curve, so that it can stretch to flat better.
- c 1.7 - 2.4 mm or 10-14 spi
- d check the threading, and if the needle and bobbin/ bobbin case are in correctly. Then check tension.
- e bias binding
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- sew wrong sides together. Trim one down to 1/4 and fold the other under. Sew so that the larger, folded edge covers the raw trimed edge.
- Crosswise yarn; semi stable. Hangs across the body. determines the weave.
- press at 1/4 and then sew at 1/4
- reinforce areas that will be clipped
- #4. lengthen to 1 1/2 and stitch so that the edge of the curve goes over the fabric.
5 True/False Questions
unlike curves → blind stitch on the machine #7.
trimming → cutting to shorter lengths. We do this to reduce reduce bulk. Usually paired with grading.
blind hem → on an insider curve, so that it can stretch to flat better.
ham → darts and curves
Bias → darts and curves