5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- zig zag
- curved seams
- hong kong
- a stitch at 5/8, and finish both edges with tape and stitch in the ditch
- b on an insider curve, so that it can stretch to flat better.
- c #2 stitch on edge. Catch the outside.
- d 3-4 mm 6-8 spi
- e reinforce areas that will be clipped
5 Multiple choice questions
- blind stitch on the machine #7.
- two rows: 3/8 and 5/8
three rows: 1/4, 1/2, and 3/4
- 2.4-3 mm or 8-10 spi
- darts and curves
- 1 mm or 24 spi or
regulation at 1/4 into the seam allowance. (used in armholes and crotch)
5 True/False questions
If machine is not working → check the threading, and if the needle and bobbin/ bobbin case are in correctly. Then check tension.
stitch and pink → is on an outward curve so that it can lay flat. removes excess fabric.
Techniques to make rolled collars behave properly when worn → by pulling out the facing edge to make the turn of cloth. aka favoring the edge. Trim and grade properly. Press the seam open before flipping it around.
notching → is on an outward curve so that it can lay flat. removes excess fabric.
corner seams → reduce stitch length around corners