5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- corner seams
- sleeve board
- a is on an outward curve so that it can lay flat. removes excess fabric.
- b reduce stitch length around corners
- c sleeves or board
- d 1 mm or 24 spi or
regulation at 1/4 into the seam allowance. (used in armholes and crotch)
- e darts and curves
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- sew at 5/8. wrap seams great along each edge and zig zag in place.
- men's tailored placket
women and children continuous bound
- 2.4-3 mm or 8-10 spi
- true bias is 45 degrees and bias is the diagonal. Drapes beautifully, very expensive.
- stitch at 5/8, and finish both edges with tape and stitch in the ditch
5 True/False Questions
grading → 3-4 mm 6-8 spi
zig zag → true bias is 45 degrees and bias is the diagonal. Drapes beautifully, very expensive.
shirt tail hem → press at 1/4 and then sew at 1/4
Techniques to make rolled collars behave properly when worn → bias binding
gathering techniques → secures the facing to allowances. at an 1/8 or closer.