5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- gathering techniques
- stitch and pink
- Flat Collars best for
- a 1 mm or 24 spi or
regulation at 1/4 into the seam allowance. (used in armholes and crotch)
- b stitch at 1/4 and then pink the edge.
- c darts and curves
- d two rows: 3/8 and 5/8
three rows: 1/4, 1/2, and 3/4
- e bias binding
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- 2.4-3 mm or 8-10 spi
- on an insider curve, so that it can stretch to flat better.
- is on an outward curve so that it can lay flat. removes excess fabric.
- Crosswise yarn; semi stable. Hangs across the body. determines the weave.
- Sew wrong sides together at 3/8, trim to 1/4, and then fold so that right sides together and then stitch at 1/4.
5 True/False Questions
flat felled → sew at 5/8. pressed under at 1/4 and stitched less than an 1/8
Warp → lengthwise yarn; most stable direction. Hangs lengthwise on the body. On the loom first.
types of plackets → collars
hong kong → stitch at 5/8, and finish both edges with tape and stitch in the ditch
trimming → trimming to different lengths. typically 3/8 and a 1/4. Widest to the world. the larger of the grades sits underneath the top layer of fabric on the garment.