5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- corner seams
- Machine Needle sizing
- sleeve board
- types of plackets
- blind hem
- a men's tailored placket
women and children continuous bound
- b finer fabric, smaller needle. 80/12 is normal.
- c sleeves or board
- d blind stitch on the machine #7.
- e reduce stitch length around corners
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- check the threading, and if the needle and bobbin/ bobbin case are in correctly. Then check tension.
- stitch at 5/8, and finish both edges with tape and stitch in the ditch
- 2.4-3 mm or 8-10 spi
- bias binding
- #2 stitch on edge. Catch the outside.
5 True/False Questions
trimming → cutting to shorter lengths. We do this to reduce reduce bulk. Usually paired with grading.
french seam → reduce stitch length around corners
Bias → true bias is 45 degrees and bias is the diagonal. Drapes beautifully, very expensive.
curved seams → reinforce areas that will be clipped
flat felled → sew wrong sides together. Trim one down to 1/4 and fold the other under. Sew so that the larger, folded edge covers the raw trimed edge.