5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- seams great
- french seam
- a lengthwise yarn; most stable direction. Hangs lengthwise on the body. On the loom first.
- b 3-4 mm 6-8 spi
- c Sew wrong sides together at 3/8, trim to 1/4, and then fold so that right sides together and then stitch at 1/4.
- d sew at 5/8. wrap seams great along each edge and zig zag in place.
- e on an insider curve, so that it can stretch to flat better.
5 Multiple choice questions
- check the threading, and if the needle and bobbin/ bobbin case are in correctly. Then check tension.
- start in the middle. Clip and notch. Reinforce
- stitch at 5/8, and finish both edges with tape and stitch in the ditch
- 1 mm or 24 spi or
regulation at 1/4 into the seam allowance. (used in armholes and crotch)
- press at 1/4 and then sew at 1/4
5 True/False questions
grading → trimming to different lengths. typically 3/8 and a 1/4. Widest to the world. the larger of the grades sits underneath the top layer of fabric on the garment.
trimming → on an insider curve, so that it can stretch to flat better.
stitch and pink → stitch at 1/4 and then pink the edge.
corner seams → reinforce areas that will be clipped
flat felled → sew at 5/8. pressed under at 1/4 and stitched less than an 1/8