5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- a author's unique techniques using words, phrases and sentences to form his ideas and create his unique purposes
- b use of older or obsolete words or phrases... "thou art thee"
- c paradox that combines two terms usually seen as opposite (jumbo shrimp)
- d comparison between two objects or ideas that appear different on the surface. writing an essay is like riding a bike
- e brief and unusually concise statement of a principle or truth. "love thy neighbor"
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- comparison not using like or as "i was an eagle soaring in the air"
- repetition of same sound starting a couple of the words. "sally went to sea shore to buy sea shells"
- order, arrangement and relationship of words, phrases, clauses and sentences in writing
- granting of human qualities to non-human things
- word or phrase used in conversation and indispensable to an easy informal style of writing. "ya'll"
5 True/False Questions
apostrophe → short story with a larger work concerning an interesting, amusing or incident to grab reader's attention
assonance → author's attitude towards his or her subject
ethos → appeal to the right or wrong
juxtaposition → return of a word phrase or effect in any form of writing
cataloguing (listing) → word or phrase used in conversation and indispensable to an easy informal style of writing. "ya'll"