5 Written questions
4 Matching questions
- This Virgina settler married and experiments with growing tobacco in the colony.
- What was the name of the system that gave 50 acres of land to anyone who would transport someone [like an indentured servant] to the colony?
- What was a man's right to vote for governor and members of the General Court inn 17c Massachusetts based on?
- An interpretation of Puritan doctrine associated with Anne Hutchinson that stressed mystical elements in God's grace and diverged from orthodox Puritan views on salvation.
- a headright system
- b John Rolfe
- c antinomianism
- d church membership
5 Multiple choice questions
- Increase Mather
- provide a refuge for English debtors
- proprietary colony
5 True/False questions
Where were women more commonly found: the Chesapeake Bay or New England? → give away land belonging to the Indians
What were two early example of colonial participation in government? → self-government
This adventurer instituted military discipline and perhaps saved the Virginia colony at Jamestown. → The Great Awakening
He led a rebellion in Virginia against the autocratic government of Lord Berkeley in the late 17th century. → headright system
In the Mayflower Compact, what did people agree to be bound to? → the will of the majority