5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What was a man's right to vote for governor and members of the General Court inn 17c Massachusetts based on?
- This law allowed freedom of worship for all Christians in Maryland to keep the peace between Catholics and Protestants there.
- A prominent humanitarian, he led a group of settlers and helped found the colony of Georgia in 1732.
- He led an uprising in New York in the name of King William IV against the Anglo-Dutch ruling elite.
- This was used in Virginia to encourage immigration by giving 50 acres of land to any settler who brought a servant.
- a church membership
- b headright system
- c Act of Toleration
- d James Oglethorpe
- e Jacob Leisler
5 Multiple choice questions
- New England
- New England
- Nathaniel Bacon
5 True/False questions
Did most English settlers have a feeling of respect, hostility, or superiority towards the Indians? → John Rolfe
Were New England and the West Indies interdependent or separate from each other? → interdependent
The name given to any prominent Englishman to whom the king granted vast areas of land in colonial North America. → proprietor
How did 17th century English settlers of New England differed from those in Virginia? → living in tightly clustered communities.
What did the Mayflower Compact provide a foundation for? → most Christian churches