5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- This Virgina settler married and experiments with growing tobacco in the colony.
- English Protestants who wished not only to rid the Church of England of its Catholic traditions, but also to reform English society; they came to New England to set up a model community as an example to the rest of Europe.
- This law allowed freedom of worship for all Christians in Maryland to keep the peace between Catholics and Protestants there.
- What was a man's right to vote for governor and members of the General Court inn 17c Massachusetts based on?
- He led about 1000 Puritans to America in 1630 and was elected the first governor of the Massachusetts Bay Colony.
- a church membership
- b John Winthrop
- c Puritans
- d John Rolfe
- e Act of Toleration
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Half-Way Covenant
- Jacob Leisler
- promising free land at the end of seven years of labor for the company
- give away land belonging to the Indians
- New England
5 True/False Questions
What were two early example of colonial participation in government? → self-government
What was the first genuine unified movement of the American colonists? → The Great Awakening
In 1635 he was banished from the Massachusetts Bay Colony because he said that the government had no authority over the personal opinions of individuals. He founded Rhode Island as a colony for religious freedom. → Roger Williams
The name given to any prominent Englishman to whom the king granted vast areas of land in colonial North America. → proprietor
Did most English settlers have a feeling of respect, hostility, or superiority towards the Indians? → superiority