5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Were New England and the West Indies interdependent or separate from each other?
- This prominent New England clergyman helped bring the Salem witchcraft trials to a close.
- Did most English settlers have a feeling of respect, hostility, or superiority towards the Indians?
- This law allowed freedom of worship for all Christians in Maryland to keep the peace between Catholics and Protestants there.
- An interpretation of Puritan doctrine associated with Anne Hutchinson that stressed mystical elements in God's grace and diverged from orthodox Puritan views on salvation.
- a Act of Toleration
- b superiority
- c interdependent
- d antinomianism
- e Increase Mather
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- John Peter Zenger
- The Half-Way Covenant
- The Great Awakening
- promising free land at the end of seven years of labor for the company
- James Oglethorpe
5 True/False Questions
Which region was more successful: the Chesapeake Bay or New England? → Jonathan Edwards
To which region did families immigrate to: Chesapeake Bay or New England? → give away land belonging to the Indians
An attempt by New England clergymen in 1662 to counteract declining church membership by allowing the children of church members to join even though they had not experienced salvation. → Half-Way Covenant
In 1635 he was banished from the Massachusetts Bay Colony because he said that the government had no authority over the personal opinions of individuals. He founded Rhode Island as a colony for religious freedom. → Roger Williams
What was James Oglethorpe's primary purpose for founding the colony of Georgia? → provide a refuge for English debtors