5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- This Virgina settler married and experiments with growing tobacco in the colony.
- To which region did families immigrate to: Chesapeake Bay or New England?
- Because the Pilgrims broke all ties to the Church of England, what are they also called?
- What were two early example of colonial participation in government?
- What did the Mayflower Compact provide a foundation for?
- a self-government
- b Separatists
- c New England town meeting and the Virginia House of Burgesses
- d New England
- e John Rolfe
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Increase Mather
- Jonathan Edwards
- proprietary colony
5 True/False Questions
What was the first genuine unified movement of the American colonists? → self-government
He led an uprising in New York in the name of King William IV against the Anglo-Dutch ruling elite. → Jacob Leisler
Which region was more successful: the Chesapeake Bay or New England? → Jonathan Edwards
This law allowed freedom of worship for all Christians in Maryland to keep the peace between Catholics and Protestants there. → give away land belonging to the Indians
How did the Virginia Company attract new settlers to its colony after 1609? → self-government