5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Which region was more successful: the Chesapeake Bay or New England?
- How did the Virginia Company attract new settlers to its colony after 1609?
- He led an uprising in New York in the name of King William IV against the Anglo-Dutch ruling elite.
- Did most English settlers have a feeling of respect, hostility, or superiority towards the Indians?
- This law allowed freedom of worship for all Christians in Maryland to keep the peace between Catholics and Protestants there.
- a superiority
- b New England
- c promising free land at the end of seven years of labor for the company
- d Act of Toleration
- e Jacob Leisler
5 Multiple choice questions
- New England
- give away land belonging to the Indians
- indentured servants
5 True/False questions
An attempt by New England clergymen in 1662 to counteract declining church membership by allowing the children of church members to join even though they had not experienced salvation. → Increase Mather
A prominent humanitarian, he led a group of settlers and helped found the colony of Georgia in 1732. → provide a refuge for English debtors
The colony of New Jersey was run as a privately owned estate. What was this kind of colony called? → John Rolfe
What was William Penn's primary purpose for founding the colony of Pennsylvania? → provide a refuge for English debtors
This Quaker viewed his colony as a "Holy Experiment." → give away land belonging to the Indians