5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What was William Penn's primary purpose for founding the colony of Pennsylvania?
- What did Roger William oppose that the king of England did?
- What was established when too few second- and third-generation Puritans were willing to testify publicly about their conversion experiences?
- Who was one of the earliest advocates for religious freedom in American history?
- An attempt by New England clergymen in 1662 to counteract declining church membership by allowing the children of church members to join even though they had not experienced salvation.
- a Roger Williams
- b Half-Way Covenant
- c give away land belonging to the Indians
- d The Half-Way Covenant
- e provide a refuge for persecuted English Quakers
5 Multiple choice questions
- Increase Mather
- proprietary colony
- Jonathan Edwards
- New England town meeting and the Virginia House of Burgesses
5 True/False questions
He led about 1000 Puritans to America in 1630 and was elected the first governor of the Massachusetts Bay Colony. → church membership
He led a rebellion in Virginia against the autocratic government of Lord Berkeley in the late 17th century. → New England
A radical separatist group of English Protestants who settled at Plymouth in order to be left alone to lead a pure and religious life. → The Great Awakening
What was a man's right to vote for governor and members of the General Court inn 17c Massachusetts based on? → church membership
Did Anne Hutchison claim that believers could or could not communicate directly with God? → New England