5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- A radical separatist group of English Protestants who settled at Plymouth in order to be left alone to lead a pure and religious life.
- How did the Virginia Company attract new settlers to its colony after 1609?
- Who was one of the earliest advocates for religious freedom in American history?
- What was William Penn's primary purpose for founding the colony of Pennsylvania?
- Mostly young and single European immigrants who entered into work contracts for a specified period of years in exchange for free passage to America and sometimes a promise of land at the end of the contract.
- a Pilgrims
- b indentured servants
- c provide a refuge for persecuted English Quakers
- d promising free land at the end of seven years of labor for the company
- e Roger Williams
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- living in tightly clustered communities.
- John Rolfe
- The Great Migration
5 True/False Questions
This adventurer instituted military discipline and perhaps saved the Virginia colony at Jamestown. → John Smith
This law allowed freedom of worship for all Christians in Maryland to keep the peace between Catholics and Protestants there. → give away land belonging to the Indians
Were New England and the West Indies interdependent or separate from each other? → interdependent
He led about 1000 Puritans to America in 1630 and was elected the first governor of the Massachusetts Bay Colony. → John Winthrop
An attempt by New England clergymen in 1662 to counteract declining church membership by allowing the children of church members to join even though they had not experienced salvation. → Increase Mather