5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- The normal cardiac impulse that initiates mechanical contraction of the heart arises in the
- The outer layer of the pericardium is called the
- The heart has its own special covering, a lining of two layers of fibrous tissue called the
- A graphic record of the heart's electrical activity is a(n)
- Structures that separate the chambers and permit the flow of blood in one direction only are called
- a valves.
- b ECG.
- c pericardium.
- d SA node.
- e parietal pericardium.
5 Multiple choice questions
- SA node, AV node, AV bundle, and Purkinje fibers.
- left ventricle
- superior and inferior venae cavae
- stroke volume and heart rate.
- It flows into the inferior vena cava.
5 True/False questions
The condition in which the number of red blood cells increases beyond normal and thus increases blood viscosity is called → polycythemia.
The normal ECG is composed of the following except → left ventricle
The wall of each chamber is composed of cardiac muscle tissue usually referred to as the → myocardium.
Semilunar valves can be found in which blood vessel? → vein
What is the term used to describe the severe chest pain that occurs when the myocardium is deprived of oxygen? → superior and inferior venae cavae