5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- The heart has its own special covering, a lining of two layers of fibrous tissue called the
- The aorta carries blood out of which chamber?
- The four structures that compose the conduction system of the heart are the
- The condition in which the number of red blood cells increases beyond normal and thus increases blood viscosity is called
- Blood pressure is measured with the aid of an apparatus known as a(n)
- a left ventricle
- b polycythemia.
- c pericardium.
- d SA node, AV node, AV bundle, and Purkinje fibers.
- e sphygmomanometer.
5 Multiple choice questions
- E wave.
- superior and inferior venae cavae
- SA node.
5 True/False questions
During pregnancy, what happens to the oxygenated blood returned from the placenta via the umbilical vein? → SA node, AV node, AV bundle, and Purkinje fibers.
What is the term used to describe the severe chest pain that occurs when the myocardium is deprived of oxygen? → angina
Blood flow from the heart through blood vessels to all parts of the body and back to the heart is called → tunica adventitia.
The outermost layer of the larger blood vessels is the → parietal pericardium.
The outer layer of the pericardium is called the → parietal pericardium.