5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Blood pressure is measured with the aid of an apparatus known as a(n)
- The outer layer of the pericardium is called the
- Cardiac output is determined by
- The heart has its own special covering, a lining of two layers of fibrous tissue called the
- Structures that separate the chambers and permit the flow of blood in one direction only are called
- a stroke volume and heart rate.
- b valves.
- c sphygmomanometer.
- d pericardium.
- e parietal pericardium.
5 Multiple choice questions
- tunica adventitia.
- superior and inferior venae cavae
- a heart murmur.
5 True/False questions
The four structures that compose the conduction system of the heart are the → SA node, AV node, AV bundle, and Purkinje fibers.
The condition in which the number of red blood cells increases beyond normal and thus increases blood viscosity is called → polycythemia.
Blood flow from the heart through blood vessels to all parts of the body and back to the heart is called → systemic circulation.
Microscopic vessels that carry blood from small arteries to small veins are → superior and inferior venae cavae
What is the term used to describe the severe chest pain that occurs when the myocardium is deprived of oxygen? → parietal pericardium.