5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Semilunar valves can be found in which blood vessel?
- Structures that separate the chambers and permit the flow of blood in one direction only are called
- The normal cardiac impulse that initiates mechanical contraction of the heart arises in the
- The condition in which the number of red blood cells increases beyond normal and thus increases blood viscosity is called
- A graphic record of the heart's electrical activity is a(n)
- a polycythemia.
- b vein
- c SA node.
- d ECG.
- e valves.
5 Multiple choice questions
- systemic circulation.
- SA node, AV node, AV bundle, and Purkinje fibers.
- parietal pericardium.
- tunica adventitia.
- a heart murmur.
5 True/False questions
Which blood vessels return venous blood to the right atrium? → superior and inferior venae cavae
The normal ECG is composed of the following except → left ventricle
The wall of each chamber is composed of cardiac muscle tissue usually referred to as the → myocardium.
During pregnancy, what happens to the oxygenated blood returned from the placenta via the umbilical vein? → It flows into the inferior vena cava.
What is the term used to describe the severe chest pain that occurs when the myocardium is deprived of oxygen? → angina