5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- The normal cardiac impulse that initiates mechanical contraction of the heart arises in the
- The wall of each chamber is composed of cardiac muscle tissue usually referred to as the
- During pregnancy, what happens to the oxygenated blood returned from the placenta via the umbilical vein?
- Cardiac output is determined by
- A type of abnormal heart sound that may signify incomplete closing of the valves is
- a SA node.
- b It flows into the inferior vena cava.
- c myocardium.
- d stroke volume and heart rate.
- e a heart murmur.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- superior and inferior venae cavae
- tunica adventitia.
- E wave.
5 True/False Questions
A graphic record of the heart's electrical activity is a(n) → ECG.
Structures that separate the chambers and permit the flow of blood in one direction only are called → valves.
The heart has its own special covering, a lining of two layers of fibrous tissue called the → parietal pericardium.
The four structures that compose the conduction system of the heart are the → SA node.
Microscopic vessels that carry blood from small arteries to small veins are → superior and inferior venae cavae