5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- average atomic mass
- transition elements
- octet rule
- a the atomic number of an element is the number of ______ of each atom of that element
- b a positively charged ion
- c atoms tend to achieve an octet of electrons in its highest occupied energy level when forming compounds
- d what name is sometimes used to refer to the entire set of d-block elements?
- e the weighted average of the atomic masses of the naturally occurring isotopes
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- a broad generalization that explains a body of facts or phenomena.
- second ionization energies are ______ than first ionization energies
- what color light has the longest wavelength?
- a positively charged ion results from ________ electrons
- the elements in group 1 are known as the
5 True/False Questions
directly → two quantities are ________ proportional to each other if dividing one by the other gives a constant value.
electronegative → In general, a calculated answer cannot be more precise than the ________ measurement form which it was calculated.
polyatomic ion → a positively charged ion
electronegativity → whether a bond will be ionic or covalent depends on the difference in ____________ of the atoms involved
noble gases → the group 18 elements