5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- no, never
- intermolecular forces
- a forces of attraction between molecules
- b a positively charged ion results from ________ electrons
- c Are leading zeroes ever significant figures?
- d what color light has the longest wavelength?
- e a particle of electromagnetic radiation having zero mass and carrying a quantum of energy
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- the mass of one mole of a pure substance is called the __________ of that substance
- one atomic mass unit that is exactly 1/12 the mass of a _______ atom.
- the first periodic table was published by_______
- refers to the emission of electrons from a metal when light shines on the metal
- the energy change that occurs when an electron is acquired by a neutral atom
5 True/False Questions
atom → a particle of electromagnetic radiation having zero mass and carrying a quantum of energy
fluorine → which of the following elements has the highest electronegitivity?
nonpolar → electrons are shared equally in __________ covalent bonds
directly → two quantities are ________ proportional to each other if dividing one by the other gives a constant value.
precision → a positively charged ion