5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- dimensional analysis
- electromagnetic radiation
- a the smallest particle of an element that retains the chemical properties of that element
- b a form of energy that exhibits wavelike behavior as it travels through space
- c two quantities are ________ proportional to each other if dividing one by the other gives a constant value.
- d A ________ of energy is the minimum quantity of energy that can be lost or gained by an atom.
- e a way to analyze and solve problems using the units, or dimensions, of the measurements
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- a mutual electrical attraction between the nuclei and valence electrons of different atoms that binds the atoms together
- London dispersion forces are the result of the movement of ___________
- a positively charged ion
- a charged group of covalently bonded atoms
- a measure of how close a measurement comes to the true value of what is being measured
5 True/False Questions
polar → created by equal but opposite charges that are separated by a short distance
law of multiple proportions → states that if two or more different compounds are comosed of the same two elements, then the ratio of the masses of the second element combined with a certain mass of the first element is always a ratio of small whole numbers
group 17 → which group of elements is designated as the halogens?
higher → a broad generalization that explains a body of facts or phenomena.
no, never → a neutral group of atoms held together by covalent bonds