5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- atomic radius
- intermolecular forces
- a one-half the distance between the nuclei of identical atoms that are bonded together
- b the smallest particle of an element that retains the chemical properties of that element
- c which of the following elements has the largest atomic radius?
- d forces of attraction between molecules
- e the atomic number of an element is the number of ______ of each atom of that element
5 Multiple choice questions
- when two or more valid Lewis structures can be drawn for a molecule
- a positively charged ion results from ________ electrons
- In general, a calculated answer cannot be more precise than the ________ measurement form which it was calculated.
- valence electrons in metal atoms can be modeled as ___________
- a general term for a specific isotope of an element
5 True/False questions
electronegativity → whether a bond will be ionic or covalent depends on the difference in ____________ of the atoms involved
cation → the smallest particle of an element that retains the chemical properties of that element
precision → a positively charged ion
conversion factor → the energy change that occurs when an electron is acquired by a neutral atom
mass number → Are leading zeroes ever significant figures?