5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a second ionization energies are ______ than first ionization energies
- b the smallest particle of an element that retains the chemical properties of that element
- c a neutral group of atoms held together by covalent bonds
- d one atomic mass unit that is exactly 1/12 the mass of a _______ atom.
- e a measure of how close a series of measurements are to one another
5 Multiple choice questions
- the strength of metallic bonds is given by __________
- which of the following elements has the highest electronegitivity?
- the total number of protons and neutrons that make up the nucleus of an isotope
- the mass of one mole of a pure substance is called the __________ of that substance
- hydrogen bonding can occur when hydrogen is covalently bonded to a highly ________ atom
5 True/False questions
photon → a particle of electromagnetic radiation having zero mass and carrying a quantum of energy
system → a specific portion of matter in a given region of space that has been selected for study during an experiment or observation.
transition elements → the energy change that occurs when an electron is acquired by a neutral atom
covalent bond → a mutual electrical attraction between the nuclei and valence electrons of different atoms that binds the atoms together
dimensional analysis → the mass of one mole of a pure substance is called the __________ of that substance