5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- bond energy
- least precise
- a the energy required to break a bond between two covalently bonded atoms
- b In general, a calculated answer cannot be more precise than the ________ measurement form which it was calculated.
- c a broad generalization that explains a body of facts or phenomena.
- d the first periodic table was published by_______
- e when one atom has a higher electronegativity than the other a _________ covalent bond will result
5 Multiple choice questions
- the energy released when one mole of an ionic crystalline compound is formed from gaseous ions
- the energy change that occurs when an electron is acquired by a neutral atom
- a specific portion of matter in a given region of space that has been selected for study during an experiment or observation.
- the elements in group 1 are known as the
- what color light has the longest wavelength?
5 True/False questions
electromagnetic radiation → hydrogen bonding can occur when hydrogen is covalently bonded to a highly ________ atom
covalent bond → joins atoms together by sharing electrons
cation → the smallest particle of an element that retains the chemical properties of that element
dipole → created by equal but opposite charges that are separated by a short distance
neutral → electrons are shared equally in __________ covalent bonds