← Lit part 5 Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- a The House of the Seven Gables
- b the three reform movements prominent in the American Renaissance
- c badly burned in a fire
- d wrote Little Women
- e the artist of Kaaterskill Falls
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- "If I read a book and it makes my whole body so cold no fire can warm me, I know that is poetry"
- "The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation."
- "Paul Revere's Ride"
- The Vision of Sir Launfal
- the artist of photographs of Abraham Lincoln and the Civil War
5 True/False Questions
Transcendentalism → belief that the basic truths of the universe lie beyond the knowledge we obtain from our senses; believed by Emerson and Thoreau
Dickenson → Thomas Wentworth Higginson and Mabel Loomis Todd assembled this writer's collection
Dickenson → "Some Keep the Sabbath Going to Church"
Emerson → "To be great is to be misunderstood"
Holmes → the artist of Kaaterskill Falls