5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- parts of an evacuated tube system
- hemoglobin test
- anisocytosis and isocytosis
- O blood type
- a an infection of the sebaceous gland of the eyelid (stye)
- b evacuated tube, rubber stopper, tube holder, multisample needle
- c HgB Test measures concentration of the hemoglobin in the blood. Hemoglobin levels are a rough measure of the oxygen-carrying capacity of the blood. Normal ranges: W:12-16 g/dL; M:15-17 g/dL Anemia is detected with Hgb measurement
- d universal donor; no antigens present, no reaction when typing to either A or B solutions.
- e anisocytosis: condition with the presence of red blood cells of unequal size (an = without; iso = equal) so isocytosis is normal, all cells roughly equal in size
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- loose connections on the vaccuum tube assembly: if the connection between the needle holder and the double-pointed needle or the syringe and needle is loose, air can enter the sample and cause frothing, ensure that all connections are tight before beginning the venipuncture
- an immune serum that prevents sensitization of an Rh- mother's blood with anti-Rh+ antibodies; if she is not treated and becomes pregnant again with an Rh+ baby, her antibodies will cross through the placenta and destroy the baby's RBCs. The baby will be anemic, hypoxic, and cyanotic, resulting in brain damage or death unless fetal transfusions are done before birth to provide more RBCs for O2 transport
- Basic Metabolic Panel—
BUN, calcium, chloride, CO2, creatine, glucose, potassium, sodium.
- Otitis externa, an infection of the cartilaginous portion of the external auditory canal, is another common cause of conductive hearing loss.
- UA: metabolic products of protein catabolism to evaluate renal failure, gout and leukemia
5 True/False Questions
OU → both eyes, Oculus Uterque
BUN and creatinine → results can show renal impairment or indicate obstruction
cholesterol: CH, Chol test → lipid screening for atherosclerosis related to heart disease
blood type donaion compatability → Type A can recieve from A or O Type B can recieve from B or O Type AB can recieve from A, B, AB, or O Type O can receive from O O is the universal donor. AB is the universal recipient.
ALT → Auris sinistra (AS), left ear