← Anatomy Fill in's Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- a A break in the distal portion of the radius is called a(n) _______ fracture.
- b A(n) ______ fracture is one that retains the normal alignment of the bone elements or fragments.
- c A(n) _______ fracture is produced by twisting stresses spread along the length of the bone.
- d A(n) _____ is a rounded passageway for passage of blood vessels and / or nerves.
- e A(n) _______ fracture shatters the bone.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- The process of producing new bone matrix is called _________.
- During the process of ______, an existing tissue is replaced by bone.
- Damage to a bone because of extreme load, sudden impact, or stresses applied from an unusual direction is called a(n) _____
- In a(n) fracture one side of the shaft is broken and the other is bent.
- A fracture of the ankle that affects both bones of the lower leg is called a(n) ________ fracture.
5 True/False Questions
diaphysis → The head of a long bone is called the ________
head → The expanded articular end of an epiphysis that is separated from the shaft by a narrower neck is termed a(n) ________
transverse → A fracture of the bone across its long axis is called a(n) ______ fracture.
trebeculae → The matrix in spongy bone forms struts and plates called _________
ramus → A(n) _____ is a rounded passageway for passage of blood vessels and / or nerves.