← Anatomy Fill in's Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- articular cartilage
- a The head of a long bone is called the ________
- b Cells that are found in the exposed matrix area of the endosteum are the ________
- c In _____ the size of the skeletal elements remains the same, but their mineral content decreases or even though the osteoblasts are working hard to form bone.
- d ________ prevents damaging bone-to-bone contact within movable joints.
- e The adult skeleton contains _____ major bones.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- A(n) ______ fracture produces new and abnormal arrangements of the bony elements.
- In a(n) fracture one side of the shaft is broken and the other is bent.
- A(n) ______ fracture is one that retains the normal alignment of the bone elements or fragments.
- The region of a long bone where the epiphysis meets the diaphysis is known as the _________
- A(n) _______ fracture is produced by twisting stresses spread along the length of the bone.
5 True/False Questions
transverse → A fracture of the bone across its long axis is called a(n) ______ fracture.
diaphysis → The head of a long bone is called the ________
trochlea → A smooth, grooved articular process shaped like apulley is termed a(n) _______
trebeculae → The matrix in spongy bone forms struts and plates called _________
osteoid → A(n) _______ fracture is completely internal and does not break the skin,