5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Gouverneur Morris
- Henry Clay
- Fourteen Points
- William Marbury
- a PA representative at the Constitutional Convention, Morris credited with authoring large sections of the Constitution, including the Preamble.
- b Midnight Appointment by John Adams, sued Secretary of State Madison for delivery of commission, being withheld by order of President Jefferson.
- c American statesman and congressman who founded the Whig party.
- d Force, influence, or weight that counterbalances another, the roles of prosecutor and defense attorney.
- e Moralistic ideals of Wilson; called for creation of a group of nations to help ensure peace. U.S. never joined because of a veto by Congress.
5 Multiple choice questions
- 26th President. Known for his boisterous personality, trust busting, championing environmental causes, and promoting "big stick" foreign policy.
- Plan presented during Constitutional Convention in which each state would have proportional representation in Congress.
- Founding Father, served as President of Continental Congress, served as first Chief Justice of US.
- Dividing powers of government between the three branches.
- Alliance of southern states that seceded from the union over slavery.
5 True/False questions
New Jersey Plan → Plan presented during Constitutional Convention in which each state equal representation.
James Wilson → Group of individuals who share the same specific political agenda.
Hume's filters of consent → 3rd President. Principal author of the Declaration of Independence and an influential Founding Father of the US. Founded the Democratic-Republican party and promoted idea of a small federal government.
Popular campaigning → Promoting candidates as being from the common masses, rather than as elite gentlemen-politicians.
Articles of Confederation → Document outlining an alliance of sovereign, equal states in which there was a weak central governing Continental Congress.