← AHTG Final Vocab 1 Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Thomas Jefferson
- 13th Amendment
- Hume's filters of consent
- Bicameral Legislature
- Samuel Adams
- a 3rd President. Principal author of the Declaration of Independence and an influential Founding Father of the US. Founded the Democratic-Republican party and promoted idea of a small federal government.
- b Second Cousin to John Adams, organizer of Boston Tea Party. Served in Continental Congress and signed Declaration if Independence, but was opposed to strong federal government.
- c When people select most virtuous representatives, who in turn select even more virtuous government officials.
- d Legislature in which there are two separate divisions or houses.
- e Abolished slavery in the US.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Supreme court case in which judicial review established.
- Midnight Appointment by John Adams, sued Secretary of State Madison for delivery of commission, being withheld by order of President Jefferson.
- Presidential order issued by Lincoln that freed slaves in the areas of insurrection.
- 1820 agreement between slavery and anti-slavery factions in the US that regulated slavery in western territories, prohibiting slavery above the border of Arkansas and permitting it south of that border.
- Supreme Court case in which power of federal government expanded by broad interpretation of the commerce cause.
5 True/False Questions
Big Stick → Formal withdrawal of states or regions from a nation.
Roger Sherman → CT delegate who proposed great compromise.
Judiciary Act of 1789 → Congressional act passed to form federal court system and authorize writs of mandamus.
Robert E. Lee → Confederate general and commander of the Army of Northern Virginia during the Civil War. After surrendering at Appomattox, urged reconciliation with the North.
Benjamin Franklin → One of most well-known Founders, leading printer, scientist, inventor, ad diplomat. Helped secure France as an ally during Revolutionary War.