← Religion Quiz #3 Test
6 Written Questions
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- his descendants and "every living creature" promising never again to unify all God's children into one family through our lord Jesus Christ
- An inclination to commit sin that arises from our human desires or appetites. it is one of the temporal consequences of original sin, even after receiving the Sacrament of Baptism
- To see the earthly events in the context of leading us to heaven
- A binding and solemn agreement between human beings or between God and people, holding each to a particular course of action
- a story with a second meaning to it
5 True/False Questions
divine revelation → The way God communicates knowledge of himself to humankind, a self communication realized by his actions and words over time, most fully by his sending us his divine Son, Jesus Christ
incarnation → the dogma that God's eternal Son assumed a human nature and became man in order to save us from our sins. Jesus Christ, the Son of God, the Second Person of the Trinity, is both true God and true man.
exegesis → A central truth of Revelation that Catholics are obliged to believe
sacred tradition → The living transmission of the Church's gospel message found in the Church's teaching, life, and worship. It is faithfully preserved, handed down, and interpreted by the Church's Magisterium.
sacred scripture → The written record of Divine Revelation found in the books of the Old Testament and the New Testament