5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- henry clay, secretary of state
- young men frustrated by their inability to acquire land
- enforce a tax-collection program
- more talented military leaders
- a only about ___ of white southerners owned slaves or belonged to a slaveholding family
- b As the civil war began, the south seemed to have the advantage of
- c Bacon's Rebellion was supported mainly by...
- d The Articles of Confederation left Congress unable to...
- e JQA was charged with having struck a "corrupt bargain" when he appointed ___ to become ____.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Arrange these events in chronological order: (A) Boston Massacre, (B) Townshend Acts, (C) Tea Act, (D) Intolerable Acts
- As head of the Dominion of New England, Sir Edmund Andros was all of the following except...
- The Great Awakening...
- one of the goals of the child-centered family of the 1800s was to
- many abolitionists turned to political action in 1840 when they backed the presidential candidate of the...
5 True/False questions
conversion → As head of the Dominion of New England, Sir Edmund Andros was all of the following except...
keep the Iroquois tribes loyal to the British → The immediate purpose of the Albany Congress of 1754 was to...
prohibiting slavery → belief that from the moment of creation some souls were "saved" and others "damned"
the Pueblo Indians destroyed every Catholic church in the province of New Mexico → The development of "three sister" farming on the southeast Atlantic seaboard...
evangelical religion emphasized their spiritual dignity and religious social reform legitimized their activity outside the home → Colonists objected the Stamp Act because