5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- (See paragraph page 7) The method of weight loss described for Fat Away shows that the drug is acting as a metabolic
- Humans use the calories they obtain from _____ as their source of energy.
- Some friends are trying to make win in their basement. They've added yeast to a sweet grape juice mixture and have allowed the yeast to grow. After several days they find that sugar levels in the grape juice have dropped, but there's no alcohol in the mixture. The most likely explanation is that
- Fat Away prevents ATP from being made by
- If you consume 1g of each of the following, which will yield the most ATP?
- a the mixture needs less oxygen, because yeast only produce alcohol in the absence of oxygen.
- b fat
- c uncoupler.
- d food
- e blocking access of H+ to ATP synthetase.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- without O2 (oxygen).
- Training usually converts one type of muscle fiber into another.
5 True/False Questions
Which of the following statements regarding fast-twitch muscles is false? → Training usually converts one type of muscle fiber into another.
Respiration _____, and cellular respiration _____. → carbon dioxide and water.
A child is born with a rare disease in which mitochondria are missing from skeletal muscle cells. However, the muscles still function. Physicians find that → the presence of lactate produced during fermentation in muscle cells.
During redox reactions, → electrons are lost from one substance and added to another substance.
Which of the following statements regarding photosynthesis and cellular respiration is true? → Photosynthesis occurs in chloroplasts, and cellular respiration occurs in mitochondria