← Basketball Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- High School
- Chest pass
- a National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA)
- b a two handed pass pushed from the front of the passer's chest toward the receiver's chest on a horizontal plane.
- c National Basketball Association (NBA)
- d National Federation of State High Schools Association
- e the team that has possession of the ball; also refers to the method a team uses to score baskets, as well as a team's scoring ability.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Four 12 min. quarters
- a pass made with two hands, initiated high over the head.
- an offensive player who is the main ball handler and passes the ball to the team scorers.
- an offensive position located away from the basket toward the center line.
- the team without the ball, whose objective is to keep the opponent form scoring.
5 True/False Questions
Forward → an offensive position located away from the basket toward the center line.
Bounce pass → a two handed pass pushed from the front of the passer's chest toward the receiver's chest on a horizontal plane.
Personal fouls → given to court players, bench players, and coaches for reasons such as unsportsmanlike conduct, taking more time-outs than are allotted, illegal touching of the rim or backboard, illegal substitution, illegal uniforms. Results in one free throw and the opponent's possession of the ball. Results in two free throws and ball possession for the opponents if on the coach or bench players.
High school play → Four 8 min. quarters
Technical fouls → include holding, pushing, blocking, charging, hacking, or tripping an opponent. (Any contact by a player that inhibits the freedom of movement of another player.)