5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Sea of Reeds
- a 1st=Babylon attacks Jerusalem but does not destroy them. 2nd=587 bc temple is destroyed. Jerusalem is destroyed
- b son of Jacob and Rachel (favorite son); coat of many colors; after years in Egypt, forgave brothers and invited them and Jacob to live with him in Egypt. interpreted dreams of the pharaoh that there was going to be a famine.
- c the history of Israel was told again, up through the exile. they retell Israel's history in terms of its meaning in God's unfolding plan. written during the exile.
- d crossed by moses and the egyptians. also known as the red sea
- e People who lived in the area of israel called Samaria. The Samaritans came from Jews who married non-Jews.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Returns to Jerusalem with his people and helps rebuild the temple
- tells stories about the beginning of the Israelites' life in the Promised Land
- a shepherd, a prophet who is said to roar like a lion. angry and rich and priests for no giving to the poor and keeping all the riches for themselves. visionary prophet
- a non writing prophet of the northern kingdom, carried on the mission of Elijah and performed many works of wonders and becomes known for his healing power. ex: saved a woman from selling her kids, cures man of leprosy, his dead body brings a dead man back to life
- Covenant that says the Messiah will come from the House of David
5 True/False questions
rachel and leah → the first man and woman; created from a rib taken from him. Lived in Garden of Eden. god told them not to eat from a tree but they did and got banished. Eve had to experiance cild birth, and adam had to work in the fields. They were also the first humans.
Samson → (Old Testament) Hebrew prophet and judge who anointed Saul as king. also anointed david
problem of Greek domination in Judea → at times Greek rulers punished Jews for practicing their religion. The Greek lifestyles and philosophy lured many Jews away from their own traditions and faith
Deuteronomists → the fulfillment of the old testament. cannot be understood with out understanding the old testament. inspired by god
idolatry → the worship of idols