5 Written questions
4 Matching questions
- problem of Greek domination in Judea
- a at times Greek rulers punished Jews for practicing their religion. The Greek lifestyles and philosophy lured many Jews away from their own traditions and faith
- b (Old Testament) Moses' successor who led the Israelites into the Promised Land
- c a shepherd, a prophet who is said to roar like a lion. angry and rich and priests for no giving to the poor and keeping all the riches for themselves. visionary prophet
- d This book describes how a prophet was instructed to marry an unfaithful woman and found in his own life a vivid illustration of the unfaithfulness of God's people and the faithfulness and love of God for His own.
5 Multiple choice questions
- A Canaanite woman of Jericho who helped the Israelite spies escape, non-hebrew hebrew hero
- People who lived in the area of israel called Samaria. The Samaritans came from Jews who married non-Jews.
- in inspiring the bible, God worked through human beings who wrote the sacred scriptures.
- the whole collection of laws from Exodus through Deuteronomy
- prophet, almond tree, boiling pot. he was persecuted for God's sake.
5 True/False questions
Writing Prophet → Water turned to blood.
1st commandment → no other god but god
Holiness Code → found in leviticus chapter 17-26.
Baal → the canaanite god of fertility, associated with storms and rain. He was the most prominent of the Canaanite gods and the one most often worshipped by the Israelites.
creation → the time period of _______ and the earliest stories of humankind appearing in the old testament fall into the category of prehistory.