5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- book of genesis
- Ist plague
- a judge and prophet of the old testament; started a war against the Canaanites
- b written down and put into final form around the period of the Babylonian exile, in the sixth century bc. 1st book in the pentateuch. contains story of adam and eve
- c the second book of the Old Testament: tells of the departure of the Israelites out of slavery in Egypt led by Moses
- d a love letter like no other. the word of God inspired by the holy spirit
- e Water turned to blood.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- 1st=Babylon attacks Jerusalem but does not destroy them. 2nd=587 bc temple is destroyed. Jerusalem is destroyed
- Wife of Hosea / Known for her unfaithfulness
- the whole collection of laws from Exodus through Deuteronomy
- "devotion to God for destruction"
- moses' three sermons, recap of the journey, moses dies, people move forward to the promise land, notes on the laws
5 True/False Questions
hebrew scriptures → by the end of the first century a.d., this official set of _______ was defined. the dispersion of jews all over the empire spurred the definition of this. Torah, Prophets and Writings.
Samson → judge who got his strength from his hair. killed one thousand men with a jaw bone of an ass. pulled down the pillars to kill philistiens and killed himself. mother= nazerite
Saul, David, and Solomon → The Books of Samuel and the beginning of the First Book of Kings tells stories of...
Ruth → a book of the Old Testament that tells the story of Ruth who was not an Israelite but who married an Israelite and who stayed with her mother-in-law Naomi after her husband died; judge
rachel and leah → wives of jacob. father is laban. fell in love with rachel, but could only marry after he served her family seven years of labor. at the wedding, he was to marry the older, leah. he still wanted to marry rachel so he served seven more years. meanwhile, him and leah had many children.