5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- rachel and leah
- Sea of Reeds
- Ist plague
- a A Canaanite woman of Jericho who helped the Israelite spies escape, non-hebrew hebrew hero
- b Water turned to blood.
- c Wife of Isaac and mother of Jacob and Esau
- d wives of jacob. father is laban. fell in love with rachel, but could only marry after he served her family seven years of labor. at the wedding, he was to marry the older, leah. he still wanted to marry rachel so he served seven more years. meanwhile, him and leah had many children.
- e crossed by moses and the egyptians. also known as the red sea
5 Multiple choice questions
- inspired by god. _____ has permanent value. contains profound teachings, beautiful prayers, and some of the greatest literature ever created. in the ___ we encounter god.
- the worship of idols
- the whole collection of laws from Exodus through Deuteronomy
- when one spouse has sexual relations with someone outside of the marriage
- the time period of _______ and the earliest stories of humankind appearing in the old testament fall into the category of prehistory.
5 True/False questions
ten commandments → The set of Rules that God sent down to Moses to tell how his people should live
10th plague → passover. death of the 1st born
Books of Joshua, Judges, and Ruth → tells stories about the beginning of the Israelites' life in the Promised Land
sabbath → a book of the Old Testament that tells the story of Ruth who was not an Israelite but who married an Israelite and who stayed with her mother-in-law Naomi after her husband died; judge
Nonwriting Prophet → Nonwriting prophets do not have their own books. Tales about them were probably collected and passed along by their disciples. Among the nonwriting prophets are Samuel, Nathan, Elijah, and Elisha.