5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Davidic Covenant
- hebrew scriptures
- a fled and killed with a tent stake by Jael
- b Israel's sixth military leader; defeated a vastly superior enemy army with just 300 chosen men. 1 lantern = 10 men so he gave all his men lanterns and the other place fled
- c by the end of the first century a.d., this official set of _______ was defined. the dispersion of jews all over the empire spurred the definition of this. Torah, Prophets and Writings.
- d People who lived in the area of israel called Samaria. The Samaritans came from Jews who married non-Jews.
- e Covenant that says the Messiah will come from the House of David
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Micah, Amos, Hosea, Isaiah...,, messages passed onto us in separate books of the bible which are named for them.
- third commandment. rest on this day
- An ancient city in Canaan, the first to be captured by the Israelites by marching around the walls
- when one spouse has sexual relations with someone outside of the marriage
- a non writing prophet of the northern kingdom, carried on the mission of Elijah and performed many works of wonders and becomes known for his healing power. ex: saved a woman from selling her kids, cures man of leprosy, his dead body brings a dead man back to life
5 True/False Questions
Samson → judge who got his strength from his hair. killed one thousand men with a jaw bone of an ass. pulled down the pillars to kill philistiens and killed himself. mother= nazerite
Deborah → judge and prophet of the old testament; started a war against the Canaanites
Gomer → Wife of Hosea / Known for her unfaithfulness
creation → the time period of _______ and the earliest stories of humankind appearing in the old testament fall into the category of prehistory.
Nonwriting Prophet → Nonwriting prophets do not have their own books. Tales about them were probably collected and passed along by their disciples. Among the nonwriting prophets are Samuel, Nathan, Elijah, and Elisha.