5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Saul, David, and Solomon
- Book of Judges
- golden calf
- a might better be called the book of deliverers
- b This book describes how a prophet was instructed to marry an unfaithful woman and found in his own life a vivid illustration of the unfaithfulness of God's people and the faithfulness and love of God for His own.
- c The Books of Samuel and the beginning of the First Book of Kings tells stories of...
- d prophet, almond tree, boiling pot. he was persecuted for God's sake.
- e (Old Testament) an idol made by Aaron for the Israelites to worship
5 Multiple choice questions
- temporary leaders appointed by God to lead the people of Israel when enemies oppressed them (samson, gideon, deborah, ruth)
- great prophet who challenged the prophets of baal, goes to Mount Sinai and sees God as wind. leaves in a fire chariot and gives a double portion of his spirit to Elisha
- judge and prophet of the old testament; started a war against the Canaanites
- has stirred up controversy among believers, both Christian and Jewish. focuses on the story of Adam and Eve.
- city know for its wealth, grandeur, and wickedness; citizens of jerusalem were taken there in exile
5 True/False questions
book of genesis → written down and put into final form around the period of the Babylonian exile, in the sixth century bc. 1st book in the pentateuch. contains story of adam and eve
Joseph → son of Jacob and Rachel (favorite son); coat of many colors; after years in Egypt, forgave brothers and invited them and Jacob to live with him in Egypt. interpreted dreams of the pharaoh that there was going to be a famine.
Gideon → fled and killed with a tent stake by Jael
Moses → This book describes how a prophet was instructed to marry an unfaithful woman and found in his own life a vivid illustration of the unfaithfulness of God's people and the faithfulness and love of God for His own.
Ezekiel → (Old Testament) Hebrew prophet and judge who anointed Saul as king. also anointed david