5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Nonwriting Prophet
- a the second book of the Old Testament: tells of the departure of the Israelites out of slavery in Egypt led by Moses
- b Nonwriting prophets do not have their own books. Tales about them were probably collected and passed along by their disciples. Among the nonwriting prophets are Samuel, Nathan, Elijah, and Elisha.
- c a non writing prophet of the northern kingdom, carried on the mission of Elijah and performed many works of wonders and becomes known for his healing power. ex: saved a woman from selling her kids, cures man of leprosy, his dead body brings a dead man back to life
- d This book describes how a prophet was instructed to marry an unfaithful woman and found in his own life a vivid illustration of the unfaithfulness of God's people and the faithfulness and love of God for His own.
- e an Old Testament book telling of a rabbi's efforts in the 5th century BC to reconstitute Jewish law and worship in Jerusalem after the Babylonian Captivity, recommitting the law
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- found in leviticus chapter 17-26.
- the Hebrew patriarch who saved himself and his family and the animals by building an ark in which they survived 40 days and 40 nights of rain
- the history of Israel was told again, up through the exile. they retell Israel's history in terms of its meaning in God's unfolding plan. written during the exile.
- 1st=Babylon attacks Jerusalem but does not destroy them. 2nd=587 bc temple is destroyed. Jerusalem is destroyed
- probably part of Josiah's reform movement, composed the book of Deuteronomy, and believed the Exile was inevitable because the people continued to defy god. people who wrote the bible
5 True/False Questions
Joshua → (Old Testament) Moses' successor who led the Israelites into the Promised Land
sabbath → Wife of Isaac and mother of Jacob and Esau
Ruth → a book of the Old Testament that tells the story of Ruth who was not an Israelite but who married an Israelite and who stayed with her mother-in-law Naomi after her husband died; judge
ten commandments → The set of Rules that God sent down to Moses to tell how his people should live
Books of Joshua, Judges, and Ruth → might better be called the book of deliverers