5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Books of Joshua, Judges, and Ruth
- Saul, David, and Solomon
- a tells stories about the beginning of the Israelites' life in the Promised Land
- b third commandment. rest on this day
- c The Books of Samuel and the beginning of the First Book of Kings tells stories of...
- d the Hebrew patriarch who saved himself and his family and the animals by building an ark in which they survived 40 days and 40 nights of rain
- e (Old Testament) the 2nd king of the Israelites, fought Goliath. Married Michael. Played the lyre. fled to Nob. Saul came and slayed all the priests. Committed adultery with Bathsheeba.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- the second book of the Old Testament: tells of the departure of the Israelites out of slavery in Egypt led by Moses
- a love letter like no other. the word of God inspired by the holy spirit
- Covenant that says the Messiah will come from the House of David
- has stirred up controversy among believers, both Christian and Jewish. focuses on the story of Adam and Eve.
- the time period of _______ and the earliest stories of humankind appearing in the old testament fall into the category of prehistory.
5 True/False Questions
golden calf → the whole collection of laws from Exodus through Deuteronomy
Nonwriting Prophet → Nonwriting prophets do not have their own books. Tales about them were probably collected and passed along by their disciples. Among the nonwriting prophets are Samuel, Nathan, Elijah, and Elisha.
deuteronomy → probably part of Josiah's reform movement, composed the book of Deuteronomy, and believed the Exile was inevitable because the people continued to defy god. people who wrote the bible
book of genesis → written down and put into final form around the period of the Babylonian exile, in the sixth century bc. 1st book in the pentateuch. contains story of adam and eve
Joshua → son of Jacob and Rachel (favorite son); coat of many colors; after years in Egypt, forgave brothers and invited them and Jacob to live with him in Egypt. interpreted dreams of the pharaoh that there was going to be a famine.