5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Abnormal contraction of the smooth muscle of the bronchi, resulting in an acute narrowing and obstruction of the respiratory airway.
- A reduction in the number of red blood cells and/or quantity of hemoglobin per volume of blood below normal values.
- The point during high-intensity activity when the body can no longer meet its demand for oxygen and anaerobic metabolism predominates. Also called lactate threshold.
- Bioelectrical Impedance Analysis
- Delayed onset muscle soreness
- a Anaerobic threshold
- b DOMS
- c BIA
- d Anemia
- e Bronchospasm
5 Multiple choice questions
- Anaerobic capacity
- Diminishing returns
5 True/False questions
A surgical procedure that involves inserting a catheter into a blocked coronary artery. a narrow balloon is then inflated inside the artery, to widen the artery. Also called percutaneous transluminal coronary angioplasty (PTCA). → Angioplasty
A hormone that is often referred to as the "stress hormone", as it is involved in the response to stress. It increases blood pressure and blood glucose levels and has an immunosuppressive action. → Cortisol
A chronic inflammatory disorder of the airways that affects genetically susceptible individuals in response to various environmental triggers such as allergens, viral infection, exercise, cold, and stress. → Bronchitis
Swelling and inflammation in the bursa that results from overuse. → Bursitis
A pathology of the wrist and hand that occurs when the median nerve, which extends from the forearm into the hand, becomes compressed at the wrist. → Carpal tunnel syndrome