← MODULE 2 BIOLOGY Test
MODULE 2 BIOLOGY
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Logistic Growth
- Plasma Membrane
- a An organism that feeds on dead matter.
- b Fibrous bristles that the bacterium uses to grasp surfaces to help them adhere on or they are used for reproduction.
- c A membrane made up of certain chemicals called phosolipids and other chemicals called proteins. These chemicals regulate what the bacterium takes in from the outside world.
- d Population growth that is controlled by limited resources.
- e Used to help move the bacterium from one place to another.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- An organism that causes diseasse.
- The process by which infection by a virus results in DNA being transferred ffrom one bacterium to another.
- A small, circular section of extra DNA that confers one or more traits to a bacterium and can be reproduced seperately from the main bacterial genetic code.
- The beneficial way that asexual bacteria can exchange genetic information for more diversity in the population.
- Bacteria that look red after Gram staining.
5 True/False Questions
Digestion → Breaks down food into smaller molecules.
Cyanobacteria → Colonies of eukaryotic cells called blue-green algae.
Steady State → A state which members of a population die as quickly as new members are born.
Botulism → Semifluid substance that exists throughout the cell, supporting the DNA and ribosomes.
Exponential Growth → Population growth that is unhindered becuase of the abundance of resources for an ever-increasing population.