5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- The Scarlet Letter
- a The pattern of stressed and unstressed syllables in a line of poetry.
- b The use of language to evoke a picture or a concrete sensation of a person, thing, place, or experience.
- c Nathaniel Hawthorne
- d Witty language used to convey insults or scorn.
- e The act of affirming or asserting or stating something.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- A use of a word that diverges from its usual meaning.
- Using words that conjure a certain image in order to accomplish a certain goal.
- ajgordon : i think its like a verb...but im not sure
- A repetition of similar sounds in two or more words.
- A short pithy instructive saying.
5 True/False Questions
Anecdote → A brief narrative that focuses on a particular incident or event.
The Autobiography: The Declaration of Independence → Thomas Jefferson
The Crucible → A brief narrative that focuses on a particular incident or event.
Chronological Order → Arranging events in their order of occurrence in time.
A Narrative of the Captivity → Mary Rowlandson