5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Here Follow Some Versus Upon the Burning of Our House (July 10, 1666)
- a Pertaining to or constituting the subject of a sentence.
- b A change in normal word order. Especially the placement of a verb before its subject.
- c Anne Bradstreet
- d Set up a claim in opposition to a previous claim.
- e A repetition of similar sounds in two or more words.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Speech or writing that is simple, direct, and unambiguous.
- A use of a word that diverges from its usual meaning.
- Implies or suggests the comparison between the two things without stating it directly.
- Thomas Jefferson
- Arthur Miller
5 True/False Questions
Meter → Believe to be the case.
Lord of the Flies → Using words that conjure a certain image in order to accomplish a certain goal.
Anecdote → Drawing a comparison in order to show a similarity in some respect.
Persuasion → Inducement to act by argument or reasoning or entreaty.
Sinners in the Hands of an Angry God → Jonathan Edwards