← popcorn with chem Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Atomic number
- valence shell electron pair repulsion
- structural isomers
- a A vertical column of the periodic table
- b When halogen free radicals come into contact with a methane molecule, they combine to produce hydrogen chloride and a methane radical.
- c compounds that have the same molecular formula but a different structural formula
- d The number of protons in the nucleus of an atom
- e this states that pairs of electrons arrange themselves around the central atom so that they are as far apart from eachother as possible
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- The mechanism that forms a carbocation in the rate-determining step is the _____ mechanism.
- The ______ process is used to produce sulfuric acid.
- The actual number of atoms of each element in a molecule of the substance
- The simplest whole number ratio of atoms of each element in a particle of the substance
- Negative enthalpy change, negative entropy change
5 True/False Questions
enthalpy → the internal energy stored in the reactants
structural formula → this shows the arrangement of atoms an dbonds within a molecule.
decreases, increases → The first ionization energy generally ________ down a group and __________ across a period.
Alkane → Secondary alcohols can be oxidized to a ______________.
SN1 → Tertiary halogenoalkanes follow the _______ mechanism of nucleophilic substitution.