5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Aqueous Solution
- Surface Tension
- Hydroxide Ion
- a A solution in which water is the solvent
- b A substance that reduces the hydrogen ion concentration of a solution (H+ Acceptor)
- c A water molecule lacking an individual proton (OH-)
- d A measure of the capacity of a liquid's surface to resist stretching or breaking.
- e The substance that is dissolved in a solution
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- The energy of motion
- A measure of the total amount of kinetic energy- due to molecular motion- in a body of matter.
- A liquid that is a completely homogenous mixture of two or more substances
- 6.22 x 10^22 units of a substance
5 True/False Questions
Hydrophilic → Water-loving
Evaporation/Vaporization → The transformation from a liquid to a gas
Hydration Shell → A water molecule lacking an individual proton (OH-)
Evaporative Cooling → The cooling of the surface of a liquid during evaporation due to the primary vaporization of molecules with higher levels of kinetic energy (heat).
Hydrogen Ion → A water molecule lacking an individual proton (OH-)