5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Hydration Shell
- a A measurement of the intensity of heat- the average kinetic energy- of a group of molecules
- b A sphere of water molecules surrounding individual ions of a salt crystal or charged atoms of a polar molecule in order to dissolve it.
- c A stable suspension of fine particles in a liquid
- d The dissolving agent of a solution
- e A substance that minimizes changes in the concentrations of H+ and OH- in a solution.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Rain/snow/fog with a pH lower than pH 5.6
- A solution in which water is the solvent
- The cooling of the surface of a liquid during evaporation due to the primary vaporization of molecules with higher levels of kinetic energy (heat).
- The phenomena caused by hydrogen bonding wherein molecules of the same type are held together
5 True/False questions
Calorie → A stable suspension of fine particles in a liquid
Adhesion → The clinging of a substance to another; caused by hydrogen bonding
pH → The negative logarithm of the hydrogen ion concentration
Base → The solid form of water; floats on liquid water due to the expansion and crystallization of its component molecules.
Kinetic Energy → The amount of heat required to raise the temperature of 1kg of water by 1ºC (1000 cal)