5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Molecular Mass
- a A stable suspension of fine particles in a liquid
- b A measurement of the intensity of heat- the average kinetic energy- of a group of molecules
- c A substance that minimizes changes in the concentrations of H+ and OH- in a solution.
- d The negative logarithm of the hydrogen ion concentration
- e The total mass of all the atoms in a given moleculs
5 Multiple choice questions
- A solution in which water is the solvent
- A measure of the total amount of kinetic energy- due to molecular motion- in a body of matter.
- The phenomena caused by hydrogen bonding wherein molecules of the same type are held together
- The amount of heat required to raise the temperature of 1g of water by 1ºC
- The substance that is dissolved in a solution
5 True/False questions
Hydroxide Ion → An individual proton (H+)
Molarity → The number of moles of solute per liter of solution
Surface Tension → A measure of the capacity of a liquid's surface to resist stretching or breaking.
Heat of Vaporization → The transformation from a liquid to a gas
Hydrophilic → Water-fearing