5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Evaporative Cooling
- Hydrogen Ion
- Molecular Mass
- Kinetic Energy
- a The cooling of the surface of a liquid during evaporation due to the primary vaporization of molecules with higher levels of kinetic energy (heat).
- b The total mass of all the atoms in a given moleculs
- c The energy of motion
- d An individual proton (H+)
- e The clinging of a substance to another; caused by hydrogen bonding
5 Multiple choice questions
- A substance that minimizes changes in the concentrations of H+ and OH- in a solution.
- A liquid that is a completely homogenous mixture of two or more substances
- The amount of heat that must must be absorbed or lost by a substance in order to change its temperature by 1ºC.
- A water molecule lacking an individual proton (OH-)
- A sphere of water molecules surrounding individual ions of a salt crystal or charged atoms of a polar molecule in order to dissolve it.
5 True/False questions
Acid → The solid form of water; floats on liquid water due to the expansion and crystallization of its component molecules.
Temperature → A measure of the total amount of kinetic energy- due to molecular motion- in a body of matter.
Calorie → The amount of heat required to raise the temperature of 1kg of water by 1ºC (1000 cal)
Acid Precipitation → Rain/snow/fog with a pH lower than pH 5.6
Molarity → The number of moles of solute per liter of solution