5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Kinetic Energy
- Specific Heat
- a 6.22 x 10^22 units of a substance
- b A substance that reduces the hydrogen ion concentration of a solution (H+ Acceptor)
- c A liquid that is a completely homogenous mixture of two or more substances
- d The energy of motion
- e The amount of heat that must must be absorbed or lost by a substance in order to change its temperature by 1ºC.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The total mass of all the atoms in a given moleculs
- A solution in which water is the solvent
- The amount of heat required to raise the temperature of 1kg of water by 1ºC (1000 cal)
- A substance that minimizes changes in the concentrations of H+ and OH- in a solution.
5 True/False questions
Evaporation/Vaporization → The quantity of heat that 1g of a liquid must absorb in order to be converted from to a gaseous state.
Molarity → The number of moles of solute per liter of solution
Acid Precipitation → Rain/snow/fog with a pH lower than pH 5.6
Temperature → A measure of the total amount of kinetic energy- due to molecular motion- in a body of matter.
Cohesion → The clinging of a substance to another; caused by hydrogen bonding