← Absolute Monarchy Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Bad Maria Theresa ????
- Jane Grey
- When Henry was with Wife number 2, Anne Boleyn, how did he demonstrate his power?
- "Good Queen Bess" "The Great Lioness" "Virgin Queen"
- How does Henry demonstrate Absolute power with Wife 4?
- a She inherited territories such as the germans, Hungarians, Italians,etc... so there were conflicts of language and religion
-She did nothing to solve those conflicts
- b When Anne gives birth to a girl (Mary) and miscarries two boys, Henry beheads Anne (instead of a divorce) because she allegedly had 4 affairs and Incest with her brother. That makes the daughter of Anne illegitimate.
- c Elizabeth I
- d Queen for 9 days
- e Wife 4, named Anne (of Cleves) was arranged by Thomas Cromwell. Henry demonstrates absolute power by annulling the marriage, adopting her as a sister, and executing Cromwell, all because of her lack of beauty.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Financial problems: he became involved in wars to defend Catholicism but it drained Spain's treasury
Treated dutch harsh, taxed trade heavily, persecuted calvinists=Dutch Revolt
-Spanish Industry declines
- His third wife is Jane Seymour, who dies after giving birth to a SON! (Edward) She was his favorite wife and was later buried with her (even after having other wives, too) lol
- He had to get special permission from the Pope in order to marry Catherine of Aragon.
- She is Catholic, so she burns 300 protestant leaders at the stake, getting the nickname "Bloody Mary". Mary married Phillip II, and dies childless, and then Phillip II goes back to Spain.
- "Elizabethan Age"- peace, prosperity
Englands greatest ruler- settled religious disputes
Allowed private religious tolerance
Exploration: Granted Sir Walter Raleigh the right to establish colony in North America
5 True/False Questions
Good Phillip II → -Gave Spanish Netherlands greater self rule (less dutch revolts)
What inspires Henry to reform the church? → Henry breaks from the Catholic Church, declaring himself the head of the church in England. He makes everyone swear Act of Supremacy (accepting Henry's leading role as head of Church).
Bad Frederick the Great → -The 7 yEars war didn't change the territorial situation
Henry VII → She is Catholic, so she burns 300 protestant leaders at the stake, getting the nickname "Bloody Mary". Mary married Phillip II, and dies childless, and then Phillip II goes back to Spain.
Bad Louis XIV → -Even though the Palace of Versailles symbolized his power as an Absolute Monarch, it strained the French Economy
-Took away the Edict of Nantes--> weakened France