5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Good Peter the Great
- Bad Phillip II
- As an Absolute monarch AND now the head of the church in England, what can Henry do now?
- Jane Grey
- When Henry was with Wife number 2, Anne Boleyn, how did he demonstrate his power?
- a When Anne gives birth to a girl (Mary) and miscarries two boys, Henry beheads Anne (instead of a divorce) because she allegedly had 4 affairs and Incest with her brother. That makes the daughter of Anne illegitimate.
- b Financial problems: he became involved in wars to defend Catholicism but it drained Spain's treasury
Treated dutch harsh, taxed trade heavily, persecuted calvinists=Dutch Revolt
-Spanish Industry declines
- c He can divorce Catherine and re-marry someone who will provide a son (heir)!
- d Queen for 9 days
- e Learned about western civilization:
--better army-->war w/ sweden-->territorial gain/sea
Westernization=Russia prospers--> Peter THE GREAT :)
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Gained black sea, poland, expanded into central europe
- He had to get special permission from the Pope in order to marry Catherine of Aragon.
- Elizabeth I
- -continuous wars drained spain's financial and human resources
- He closes all monasteries in England and beheads his friend, Thomas Moore, who won't sign the Act of Supremacy.
5 True/False Questions
Good Louis XIV → -Chose Jean-Babtise Colbert as expert in finance which resulted in economic improvements, a large army, and exploration
What makes wife number 6 the most important? → Wife number 6, named Katherine Parr, was the most important of Henry's wives. She was married 2 times before and she was educated and wise. The reason why she is most important of Henry's wives is because just before Henry's death, she persuades him to make Mary and Elizabeth legit heirs.
Describe Henry's third wife and his life with her. → His third wife is Jane Seymour, who dies after giving birth to a SON! (Edward) She was his favorite wife and was later buried with her (even after having other wives, too) lol
In what ways does marrying Catherine of Aragon (wife1) benefit Henry and/or England? → Wife number 6, named Katherine Parr, was the most important of Henry's wives. She was married 2 times before and she was educated and wise. The reason why she is most important of Henry's wives is because just before Henry's death, she persuades him to make Mary and Elizabeth legit heirs.
What are the major obstacles of Elizabeth I → "Elizabethan Age"- peace, prosperity
Englands greatest ruler- settled religious disputes
Allowed private religious tolerance
Exploration: Granted Sir Walter Raleigh the right to establish colony in North America