5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- How did Elizabeth I overcome the obstacles?
- What inspires Henry to reform the church?
- Good Louis XIV
- When Henry was with Wife number 2, Anne Boleyn, how did he demonstrate his power?
- Who was wife number 5 and what was her fate?
- a Katherine Howard (cousin of Anne Boleyn) was beheaded for unfaithfulness in 1542.
- b Henry wants the Pope to allow him to divorce from Catherine (who is unable to birth a son, only a girl [henry needs an heir]). At this time, the pope is in no position to grant him this wish for he is being held hostage by Catherine's nephew, Charles V (HRE). Henry 'separates' from Catherine since the pope can't reply (and won't allow it).
- c She executes Mary Queen of Scots to get rid of competition
She defeats the Spanish Armada which proves he power to Europe, leads to making England a major world power
- d When Anne gives birth to a girl (Mary) and miscarries two boys, Henry beheads Anne (instead of a divorce) because she allegedly had 4 affairs and Incest with her brother. That makes the daughter of Anne illegitimate.
- e -Chose Jean-Babtise Colbert as expert in finance which resulted in economic improvements, a large army, and exploration
5 Multiple choice questions
- -continuous wars drained spain's financial and human resources
- -The 7 yEars war didn't change the territorial situation
- Westernized only half of russia, creating a gap... one half is different than the other
- Financial problems: he became involved in wars to defend Catholicism but it drained Spain's treasury
Treated dutch harsh, taxed trade heavily, persecuted calvinists=Dutch Revolt
-Spanish Industry declines
- Wife number 6, named Katherine Parr, was the most important of Henry's wives. She was married 2 times before and she was educated and wise. The reason why she is most important of Henry's wives is because just before Henry's death, she persuades him to make Mary and Elizabeth legit heirs.
5 True/False questions
Henry VII → Demonstrated his power as an Absolute Monarch by changing England's religious ways in order to divorce his wife so he could have sons to follow him to throne
-The Pope declares him "Defender of the Faith"
-He wrote "In defense of the 7 sacraments"
Describe Henry's third wife and his life with her. → His third wife is Jane Seymour, who dies after giving birth to a SON! (Edward) She was his favorite wife and was later buried with her (even after having other wives, too) lol
Good Frederick William I → Encouraged religious tolerance and legal reform
Acquired Silesia making Prussia a world power
Bad Louis XIV → -Chose Jean-Babtise Colbert as expert in finance which resulted in economic improvements, a large army, and exploration
Good Catherine " " → Gained black sea, poland, expanded into central europe