5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- What are the major obstacles of Elizabeth I
- When Henry was with Wife number 2, Anne Boleyn, how did he demonstrate his power?
- What makes wife number 6 the most important?
- Good Henry IV
- As an Absolute monarch AND now the head of the church in England, what can Henry do now?
- a He can divorce Catherine and re-marry someone who will provide a son (heir)!
- b When Anne gives birth to a girl (Mary) and miscarries two boys, Henry beheads Anne (instead of a divorce) because she allegedly had 4 affairs and Incest with her brother. That makes the daughter of Anne illegitimate.
- c 1. Opposition from the Catholic Monarchs
2. Mary (Queen of Scots, cousin) is also a legit CATHOLIC heir
3. Phillip II, Catholic, of Spain, send Armada to attack England
- d Wife number 6, named Katherine Parr, was the most important of Henry's wives. She was married 2 times before and she was educated and wise. The reason why she is most important of Henry's wives is because just before Henry's death, she persuades him to make Mary and Elizabeth legit heirs.
- e -Make's france strong, united, and peaceful by converting from Protestantism to Catholicism
-Edict of Nantes: ended religious conflict and civil wars
-Duke of Sully-Treasurer
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Strengthened PRussia with saved money and doubled size of army with efficiency
-efficient government bureaucracy
- "Elizabethan Age"- peace, prosperity
Englands greatest ruler- settled religious disputes
Allowed private religious tolerance
Exploration: Granted Sir Walter Raleigh the right to establish colony in North America
- -continuous wars drained spain's financial and human resources
- Learned about western civilization:
--better army-->war w/ sweden-->territorial gain/sea
Westernization=Russia prospers--> Peter THE GREAT :)
- Demonstrated his power as an Absolute Monarch by changing England's religious ways in order to divorce his wife so he could have sons to follow him to throne
-The Pope declares him "Defender of the Faith"
-He wrote "In defense of the 7 sacraments"
5 True/False Questions
Mary I → 10 years old at reign, dies at 16!!!!
(His uncle helped him-- regent)
Elizabeth 1 → 45 year reign- She never got married=no kids=longer reign
Highly educated (9 languages)
In what ways does marrying Catherine of Aragon (wife1) benefit Henry and/or England? → Her parents are Isabella and Ferdinand of Spain which gives Henry connections.
Bad Henry IV → -Had trouble solving financial problems
(corrupt taxing system)
Who was wife number 5 and what was her fate? → Wife number 6, named Katherine Parr, was the most important of Henry's wives. She was married 2 times before and she was educated and wise. The reason why she is most important of Henry's wives is because just before Henry's death, she persuades him to make Mary and Elizabeth legit heirs.