← Absolute Monarchy Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- What are the major obstacles of Elizabeth I
- Good Phillip II
- Bad Frederick the Great
- Mary I
- Jane Grey
- a -Gave Spanish Netherlands greater self rule (less dutch revolts)
- b She is Catholic, so she burns 300 protestant leaders at the stake, getting the nickname "Bloody Mary". Mary married Phillip II, and dies childless, and then Phillip II goes back to Spain.
- c Queen for 9 days
- d -The 7 yEars war didn't change the territorial situation
- e 1. Opposition from the Catholic Monarchs
2. Mary (Queen of Scots, cousin) is also a legit CATHOLIC heir
3. Phillip II, Catholic, of Spain, send Armada to attack England
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- "Elizabethan Age"- peace, prosperity
Englands greatest ruler- settled religious disputes
Allowed private religious tolerance
Exploration: Granted Sir Walter Raleigh the right to establish colony in North America
- She inherited territories such as the germans, Hungarians, Italians,etc... so there were conflicts of language and religion
-She did nothing to solve those conflicts
- Her parents are Isabella and Ferdinand of Spain which gives Henry connections.
- -Even though the Palace of Versailles symbolized his power as an Absolute Monarch, it strained the French Economy
-Took away the Edict of Nantes--> weakened France
- Wife number 6, named Katherine Parr, was the most important of Henry's wives. She was married 2 times before and she was educated and wise. The reason why she is most important of Henry's wives is because just before Henry's death, she persuades him to make Mary and Elizabeth legit heirs.
5 True/False Questions
How does Henry demonstrate Absolute power with Wife 4? → Henry breaks from the Catholic Church, declaring himself the head of the church in England. He makes everyone swear Act of Supremacy (accepting Henry's leading role as head of Church).
Bad Henry IV → -Make's france strong, united, and peaceful by converting from Protestantism to Catholicism
-Edict of Nantes: ended religious conflict and civil wars
-Duke of Sully-Treasurer
bad Catherine " " → Westernized only half of russia, creating a gap... one half is different than the other
When Henry was with Wife number 2, Anne Boleyn, how did he demonstrate his power? → Katherine Howard (cousin of Anne Boleyn) was beheaded for unfaithfulness in 1542.
Bad Charles V → -continuous wars drained spain's financial and human resources