5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Mary I
- Good Frederick the Great
- "Good Queen Bess" "The Great Lioness" "Virgin Queen"
- What inspires Henry to reform the church?
- Henry VII
- a Elizabeth I
- b Demonstrated his power as an Absolute Monarch by changing England's religious ways in order to divorce his wife so he could have sons to follow him to throne
-The Pope declares him "Defender of the Faith"
-He wrote "In defense of the 7 sacraments"
- c Henry wants the Pope to allow him to divorce from Catherine (who is unable to birth a son, only a girl [henry needs an heir]). At this time, the pope is in no position to grant him this wish for he is being held hostage by Catherine's nephew, Charles V (HRE). Henry 'separates' from Catherine since the pope can't reply (and won't allow it).
- d Encouraged religious tolerance and legal reform
Acquired Silesia making Prussia a world power
- e She is Catholic, so she burns 300 protestant leaders at the stake, getting the nickname "Bloody Mary". Mary married Phillip II, and dies childless, and then Phillip II goes back to Spain.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- -Had trouble solving financial problems
(corrupt taxing system)
- She inherited territories such as the germans, Hungarians, Italians,etc... so there were conflicts of language and religion
-She did nothing to solve those conflicts
- Wife 4, named Anne (of Cleves) was arranged by Thomas Cromwell. Henry demonstrates absolute power by annulling the marriage, adopting her as a sister, and executing Cromwell, all because of her lack of beauty.
- 10 years old at reign, dies at 16!!!!
(His uncle helped him-- regent)
- -The 7 yEars war didn't change the territorial situation
5 True/False Questions
Good Henry IV → -Make's france strong, united, and peaceful by converting from Protestantism to Catholicism
-Edict of Nantes: ended religious conflict and civil wars
-Duke of Sully-Treasurer
How does Henry reform the church? → Henry breaks from the Catholic Church, declaring himself the head of the church in England. He makes everyone swear Act of Supremacy (accepting Henry's leading role as head of Church).
Who follow's Mary I to the throne? → Because Mary I died childless, Elizabeth I followed her to throne.
What is the legacy of Elizabeth I? → "Elizabethan Age"- peace, prosperity
Englands greatest ruler- settled religious disputes
Allowed private religious tolerance
Exploration: Granted Sir Walter Raleigh the right to establish colony in North America
Good Louis XIV → -Even though the Palace of Versailles symbolized his power as an Absolute Monarch, it strained the French Economy
-Took away the Edict of Nantes--> weakened France