5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Two Layers of the Dermis:
- Name some functions of the skin.
- Hair Root:
- Four Types Of Sudoriforous Glands:
- a Protection, Sensation, Thermo-regulation and Homeostasis, Metabolism of Vitamin-D, Excretion of Salts and Wastes
- b Portion of the hair that penetrates the epidermis and dermis.
- c Papillary Layer, Reticular Layer
- d Produce Melanin, a pigment that protects cells from ultraviolet radiation. Melanin from the melanocytes is transferred to the keratinocytes.
- e Eccrine Glands, Apocrine Glands, Ceruminous Glands, Mammary Glands
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Second Layer of skin consisting of various connective tissues.
- Provides strength, extensibility (stretchability), elasticity (ability to return to original form).
- Secrete sebum, an oily substance, into hair follicles and through the pores of the skin. Serves to inhibit bacterial growth and prevent drying of hair and skin.
- Layer between the dermis and underlying tissues and organs. Storage site for most body fat.
- Sheath that surrounds the hair in the skin.
5 True/False Questions
Ceruminous Glands → Glands under most skin surfaces that secrete a watery substance through the pores, which serves to cool the skin as it evaporates
Papillary Layer: → Thick layer, below the papillary layer, that makes up most of the dermis
Epidermis. → Second Layer of skin consisting of various connective tissues.
Eccrine Glands: → Glands under most skin surfaces that secrete a watery substance through the pores, which serves to cool the skin as it evaporates
Hairs: → Elongated filaments of keratinized epithelial cells that arise and emerge from the skin of mammals.