5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- connective tissue
- muscle tissue
- a group of similar cells that perform a particular function
- b a structure in the body that is composed of different kinds of tissue
- c a body tissue that provides support for the body and connects all of its parts
- d the soft connective tissue that fills the internal spaces in bone
- e A body tissue that contracts or shortens, making body parts move.
5 Multiple choice questions
- the maintenance of stable internal conditions in an organism
- the outside cell boundary that controls which substances can enter or leave the cell
- A body tissue that carries electrical messages back and forth between the brain and every other part of the body.
- the material within a cell apart from the nucleus
- strong connective tissue that holds bones together in movable joints
5 True/False questions
vertebrae → the small bones that make up the backbone
nucleus → The control center of a eukaryotic cell that directs the cell's activities and contains the information that determines the cell's form and function.
organ system → group of organs that work together to perform a major function in the body
joint → the basic unit of structure and function in living things
skeleton → the inner framework made up of all the bones of the body