5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- organ system
- a the material within a cell apart from the nucleus
- b strong connective tissue that holds bones together in movable joints
- c the small bones that make up the backbone
- d the soft connective tissue that fills the internal spaces in bone
- e group of organs that work together to perform a major function in the body
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- the basic unit of structure and function in living things
- the reaction of a person's body to potentially threatening, challenging, or disturbing events
- Hard, dense bone tissue that is beneath the outer membrane of a bone
- the maintenance of stable internal conditions in an organism
- the outside cell boundary that controls which substances can enter or leave the cell
5 True/False Questions
epithelial tissue → A body tissue that contracts or shortens, making body parts move.
osteoporosis → a condition in which the body's bones become weak and break easily
cartilage → group of similar cells that perform a particular function
nervous tissue → A body tissue that carries electrical messages back and forth between the brain and every other part of the body.
connective tissue → A body tissue that carries electrical messages back and forth between the brain and every other part of the body.