5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- compact bone
- connective tissue
- a the soft connective tissue that fills the internal spaces in bone
- b the basic unit of structure and function in living things
- c A place in the body where two bones come together
- d Hard, dense bone tissue that is beneath the outer membrane of a bone
- e a body tissue that provides support for the body and connects all of its parts
5 Multiple choice questions
- The control center of a eukaryotic cell that directs the cell's activities and contains the information that determines the cell's form and function.
- a body tissue that covers the surfaces of the body, inside and out
- the inner framework made up of all the bones of the body
- a condition in which the body's bones become weak and break easily
- A body tissue that contracts or shortens, making body parts move.
5 True/False questions
cell membrane → the outside cell boundary that controls which substances can enter or leave the cell
homeostasis → a condition in which the body's bones become weak and break easily
nervous tissue → A body tissue that carries electrical messages back and forth between the brain and every other part of the body.
cytoplasm → A connective tissue that is more flexible than bone and that gives support to some parts of the body
organ system → group of organs that work together to perform a major function in the body