5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Ganges River
- a One of the most holy natural features of the Indian landscape for Hindus.
- b a lifelong social group/class into which into which a Hindu is born
- c The sacred language of ancient India; came originally from the Aryans.
- d a Hindu prince or king in India
- e Indus Valley city laid out in a grid pattern. Had a complex irrigation and sewer system.
5 Multiple choice questions
- a Hindu or Buddhist religious leader and spiritual teacher
- As taught by the Buddha, the four basic beliefs that form the foundation of Buddhism.
- the belief that every deed, mental or physical, in this life affects a person's soul or future lives
- Sacred texts are important to Hinduism?
- Eight steps to end suffering according to Buddhist tradition.
5 True/False questions
subcontinent → a state of perfect wisdom in which one understands basic truths about the universe
subsistence farming → Farming that provides only enough for the needs of a family or a village
Brahman → In Hinduism, the single supreme force or reality of the universe
vishnu → A Hindu god considered the Preserver of the world
Chandragupta Maurya → the moral law combined with spiritual discipline that guides one's life; the order of the universe