5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Chandragupta Maurya
- a A Hindu god considered the Preserver of the world
- b Chandragupta's grandson; gained control of all but India's southern tip; He converted to Buddhism and broadcast his precepts on inscribed stones and pillars
- c in Hinduism, the belief that soul is reborn in various forms
- d Priests and scholars in the Indian caste system
- e the founder of the Maurya Empire, brought together most of the Indian subcontinent. Considered the first unifier of India and the first genuine emperor of India.
5 Multiple choice questions
- a state of perfect wisdom in which one understands basic truths about the universe
- Ancient Sanskrit writings that are the earliest sacred texts of Hinduism.
- In Hinduism, the single supreme force or reality of the universe
- A name, meaning the "enlightened one", used for Siddhartha Gautama.
- one of the most sacred animals for the Hindus
5 True/False questions
stupa → a dome-shaped structure that serves as a Buddhist shrine
Mohenjo-Daro → A strong wind that brings heavy rain to southern Asia in the summer
untouchables → also called pariahs, lowest level of the Indian society; not considered a part of the caste system; did degrading jobs
subcontinent → a large and distinctive landmass that is a distinct part of some continent
Bodhi Tree → The tree under which Sidartha Gautama achieved enlightenment.