5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Four Noble Truths
- a Chandragupta's grandson; gained control of all but India's southern tip; He converted to Buddhism and broadcast his precepts on inscribed stones and pillars
- b As taught by the Buddha, the four basic beliefs that form the foundation of Buddhism.
- c A Hindu god considered the Preserver of the world
- d a Hindu or Buddhist religious leader and spiritual teacher
- e a lifelong social group/class into which into which a Hindu is born
5 Multiple choice questions
- the belief that every deed, mental or physical, in this life affects a person's soul or future lives
- also called pariahs, lowest level of the Indian society; not considered a part of the caste system; did degrading jobs
- the Hindu cycle of death and rebirth
- A name, meaning the "enlightened one", used for Siddhartha Gautama.
- caste that made up most of the Indian population; most were peasants and manual laborers; they had limited rights in society
5 True/False questions
Bodhi Tree → the moral law combined with spiritual discipline that guides one's life; the order of the universe
rajah → a Hindu prince or king in India
meditation → in Hinduism, the belief that soul is reborn in various forms
Chandragupta Maurya → the founder of the Maurya Empire, brought together most of the Indian subcontinent. Considered the first unifier of India and the first genuine emperor of India.
cow → a lifelong social group/class into which into which a Hindu is born