5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Ganges River
- a One of the most holy natural features of the Indian landscape for Hindus.
- b A strong wind that brings heavy rain to southern Asia in the summer
- c a large and distinctive landmass that is a distinct part of some continent
- d A Hindu god considered the Preserver of the world
- e the belief that every deed, mental or physical, in this life affects a person's soul or future lives
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- an important Hindu deity who in the trinity of gods was the Destroyer
- Priests and scholars in the Indian caste system
- a lifelong social group/class into which into which a Hindu is born
- also called pariahs, lowest level of the Indian society; not considered a part of the caste system; did degrading jobs
- The tree under which Sidartha Gautama achieved enlightenment.
5 True/False Questions
The Vedas and The Epics → Sacred texts are important to Hinduism?
Wanting or Desire → What Buddha believed was the cause of suffering?
Brahman → In Hinduism, the single supreme force or reality of the universe
guru → caste that made up most of the Indian population; most were peasants and manual laborers; they had limited rights in society
Buddha → A name, meaning the "enlightened one", used for Siddhartha Gautama.