5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Ganges River
- Bodhi Tree
- a The tree under which Sidartha Gautama achieved enlightenment.
- b the belief that every deed, mental or physical, in this life affects a person's soul or future lives
- c practice of quiet reflection to clear the mind and find inner peace
- d a lifelong social group/class into which into which a Hindu is born
- e One of the most holy natural features of the Indian landscape for Hindus.
5 Multiple choice questions
- What Buddha believed was the cause of suffering?
- an Indo-European people who, about 1500 B.C., began to migrate into the Indian subcontinent
- Eight steps to end suffering according to Buddhist tradition.
- caste that made up most of the Indian population; most were peasants and manual laborers; they had limited rights in society
- The sacred language of ancient India; came originally from the Aryans.
5 True/False questions
rajah → a Hindu prince or king in India
Ashoka → an important Hindu deity who in the trinity of gods was the Destroyer
nirvana → an Indo-European people who, about 1500 B.C., began to migrate into the Indian subcontinent
cow → one of the most sacred animals for the Hindus
Brahman → In Hinduism, the single supreme force or reality of the universe