5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Four Noble Truths
- a As taught by the Buddha, the four basic beliefs that form the foundation of Buddhism.
- b caste that made up most of the Indian population; most were peasants and manual laborers; they had limited rights in society
- c the Hindu cycle of death and rebirth
- d an Indo-European people who, about 1500 B.C., began to migrate into the Indian subcontinent
- e A Hindu god considered the Preserver of the world
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Eight steps to end suffering according to Buddhist tradition.
- a dome-shaped structure that serves as a Buddhist shrine
- Indus Valley city laid out in a grid pattern. Had a complex irrigation and sewer system.
- a large and distinctive landmass that is a distinct part of some continent
- an important Hindu deity who in the trinity of gods was the Destroyer
5 True/False Questions
The Vedas and The Epics → Sacred texts are important to Hinduism?
rajah → a Hindu prince or king in India
Brahman → Priests and scholars in the Indian caste system
Chandragupta Maurya → the moral law combined with spiritual discipline that guides one's life; the order of the universe
caste → a lifelong social group/class into which into which a Hindu is born