5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Chandragupta Maurya
- The Vedas and The Epics
- a A name, meaning the "enlightened one", used for Siddhartha Gautama.
- b the founder of the Maurya Empire, brought together most of the Indian subcontinent. Considered the first unifier of India and the first genuine emperor of India.
- c a dome-shaped structure that serves as a Buddhist shrine
- d Sacred texts are important to Hinduism?
- e Indus Valley city laid out in a grid pattern. Had a complex irrigation and sewer system.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- The Buddhist belief of the extinction of desire and individual consciousness, also spiritual enlightenment
- A Hindu god considered the Preserver of the world
- the belief that every deed, mental or physical, in this life affects a person's soul or future lives
- an important Hindu deity who in the trinity of gods was the Destroyer
- a Hindu prince or king in India
5 True/False Questions
cow → a Hindu or Buddhist religious leader and spiritual teacher
brahmins → In Hinduism, the single supreme force or reality of the universe
subcontinent → a state of perfect wisdom in which one understands basic truths about the universe
monsoon → A strong wind that brings heavy rain to southern Asia in the summer
samsara → The sacred language of ancient India; came originally from the Aryans.