5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- subsistence farming
- a A Hindu god considered the Preserver of the world
- b practice of quiet reflection to clear the mind and find inner peace
- c the Hindu cycle of death and rebirth
- d Farming that provides only enough for the needs of a family or a village
- e a lifelong social group/class into which into which a Hindu is born
5 Multiple choice questions
- the moral law combined with spiritual discipline that guides one's life; the order of the universe
- an important Hindu deity who in the trinity of gods was the Destroyer
- The Buddhist belief of the extinction of desire and individual consciousness, also spiritual enlightenment
- The sacred language of ancient India; came originally from the Aryans.
- As taught by the Buddha, the four basic beliefs that form the foundation of Buddhism.
5 True/False questions
Aryans → an Indo-European people who, about 1500 B.C., began to migrate into the Indian subcontinent
Ganges River → The sacred language of ancient India; came originally from the Aryans.
rajah → a lifelong social group/class into which into which a Hindu is born
Wanting or Desire → One of the most holy natural features of the Indian landscape for Hindus.
sudras → Ancient Sanskrit writings that are the earliest sacred texts of Hinduism.