5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- a one of the most sacred animals for the Hindus
- b In Hinduism, the single supreme force or reality of the universe
- c The sacred language of ancient India; came originally from the Aryans.
- d also called pariahs, lowest level of the Indian society; not considered a part of the caste system; did degrading jobs
- e in Hinduism, the belief that soul is reborn in various forms
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- an Indo-European people who, about 1500 B.C., began to migrate into the Indian subcontinent
- Sacred texts are important to Hinduism?
- As taught by the Buddha, the four basic beliefs that form the foundation of Buddhism.
- the Hindu cycle of death and rebirth
- the moral law combined with spiritual discipline that guides one's life; the order of the universe
5 True/False Questions
sudras → Ancient Sanskrit writings that are the earliest sacred texts of Hinduism.
Mohenjo-Daro → Indus Valley city laid out in a grid pattern. Had a complex irrigation and sewer system.
Vedas → caste that made up most of the Indian population; most were peasants and manual laborers; they had limited rights in society
subsistence farming → a large and distinctive landmass that is a distinct part of some continent
enlightenment → a state of perfect wisdom in which one understands basic truths about the universe