← Forces Test
5 Written Questions
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- If there IS a net force when all the forces are added together (the forces do NOT cancel out). An object will accelerate (speed up, slow down, and/or turn) if there are unbalanced forces.
- the tendency for an object in motion to remain in motion and an object at rest to remain at rest unless acted on by an outside force.
- a mathematical quantity that has a magnitude (size) and direction. Forces are vector quantities.
- the highest speed a falling object will reach.
- is a change is velocity- speeding up, slowing down, or changing direction.
5 True/False Questions
Forward Force → A force in the direction of an object's motion
Force → A push or a pull
Friction → Force from two surfaces rubbing. Usually acts backward to slow moving objects down.
Newton → the SI unit used to measure force. For example gravity pulls an apple toward the earth with a force of 1N
Backward Force → A force in the direction of an object's motion