← Apush Chapters 2-4 Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- deism/Ben Franklin
- French and Indian War (Seven Years War)
- John Smith
- Mayflower Compact
- a pilgrims wanted to separate from Church of England because they were offended by the corruption.
- b brought order out of anarchy, traded with local Indians for food. seized control of the ruling council and instituted a tough military discipline.
- c French came in to America and put forts on previously claimed British land. War lasted 7 years
- d belief in that God put us on the Earth, but once we are born, we are on our own without God's help.
- e an agreement 41 men signed to preserve the struggling community from anarchy
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- most unsuccessful village in America, low-lying ground, contaminated drinking water but ideal place to build a fort. John Smith created order.
- James II created Dominion of New England and sent Andros to restructure the government. He was a tyrant and was overthrown.
- an armed rebellion in Virginia led by Nathaniel bacon against the colony's royal governor Sir William Berkeley
- believed in salvation by faith alone
- Widespread evangelical religious revival movement of the mid 1700s. Movement divided congregations and weakened the authority of established churces in the colonies.
5 True/False Questions
Navigation Acts → one of the Navigation Acts that were ignored.
Molasses Act → most unsuccessful village in America, low-lying ground, contaminated drinking water but ideal place to build a fort. John Smith created order.
Eastwood Woodland Indians → belief in that God put us on the Earth, but once we are born, we are on our own without God's help.
Puritanism → an economic theory built on the assumption that the world's wealth was a fixed supply. A nation needed to export more good than it improved.
Quakers → a religious group that rejected formal theology and stressed each person's "inner light"