5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- reverse fault
- When was Northridge CA Earthquake?
- Tang Shan
- When was Loma Prieta Earthquake - San Francisco?
- a 1989
- b the device used to measure the seismic waves of an earthquake
- c hanging wall slides up the footwall
- d 1994
- e 1976 - No warning - around 500,000 killed
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- point on surface directly above an earthquake
- the amount of energy released by an earthquake
- a break in the lithosphere along which movement has taken place
- fastest wave - 5kps - travels through both solids and liquids - like a sound wave
- The greatest danger after an earthquake
5 True/False Questions
2004 → The greatest danger after an earthquake
S-wave → fastest wave - 5kps - travels through both solids and liquids - like a sound wave
Seismogram → the written record of an earthquake
Indonesia tsunami warning signs → recent earthquake, all water is pulled out to sea, "water leaves the beach"
R-wave → shear wave - 3kps - will NOT pass through liquids