5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Tsunamis can caused by this
- When was Infamous San Francisco Earthquake?
- When was Loma Prieta Earthquake - San Francisco?
- a the device used to measure the seismic waves of an earthquake
- b point on surface directly above an earthquake
- c 1989
- d 1906
- e shallow earthquake, volcanoes, landslides
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- recent earthquake, all water is pulled out to sea, "water leaves the beach"
- hanging wall slides down the footwall
- fastest wave - 5kps - travels through both solids and liquids - like a sound wave
- 1976 - No warning - around 500,000 killed
- Love wave - surface wave - side to side motion
5 True/False Questions
thrust fault → when one block is pushed on top of another
When was Northridge CA Earthquake? → 1994
strike-slip fault → hanging wall slides up the footwall
2004 → The greatest danger after an earthquake
Anchorage, Alaska → logarithmic (increases by powers of 10) scale used to measure earthquakes