← Earthquakes Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Indonesia tsunami warning signs
- When was Northridge CA Earthquake?
- When was Infamous San Francisco Earthquake?
- a using three seismographs to determine the epicenter of an earthquake
- b recent earthquake, all water is pulled out to sea, "water leaves the beach"
- c 1994
- d the device used to measure the seismic waves of an earthquake
- e 1906
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- when one plate grinds past another - ex. San Andreas
- shear wave - 3kps - will NOT pass through liquids
- Rayleigh wave - like ripples on a lake
- the amount of energy released by an earthquake
- monitors the "Pacific Ring of Fire" for tsunamis
5 True/False Questions
Tsunami → Seismic Sea Wave
Lisbon → The greatest danger after an earthquake
2004 → The greatest danger after an earthquake
Hai Chung → 1976 - No warning - around 500,000 killed
Focus → a break in the lithosphere along which movement has taken place