5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- do not arise from nonliving materials
- easier to study
- a Scientists organize living things into groups so that the organisms are _______________.
- b All plants share the characteristic of being an ________________.
- c The classification level that is broader that kingdom is ___________.
- d The experiments of Redi and Pasteur helped to demonstrate that living things _______________________________.
- e Scientists hypothesize that the first life forms on Earth did not need ______________ to survive.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Scientists can get information about the evolutionary history of species by comparing __________________________.
- _____________ is the scientific study of how living things are classified.
- An organism that makes its own food is called an __________.
- Miller and Urey conducted an experiment where they recreated the _____________________________ in a flask.
- Taxonomic keys can be used to help determine the __________ of organisms.
5 True/False questions
chemical makeup of their cells → To survive on Earth, the first cells needed the ability to use __________ in their surroundings for energy.
make food → _____________ is the scientific study of how living things are classified.
food, water, living space, and stable internal conditions → An organism's scientific name consists of its _________________________.
sun → The most abundant chemical found in living cells is _________.
domain → Scientists hypothesize that the first life forms on Earth did not need ______________ to survive.