5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- do not arise from nonliving materials
- a an organisms ability to maintain stable internal conditions is ___________________.
- b The group of organisms that includes only mulitcellular heterotrophs is _________________.
- c The experiments of Redi and Pasteur helped to demonstrate that living things _______________________________.
- d To survive on Earth, the first cells needed the ability to use __________ in their surroundings for energy.
- e The Bacteria and Archaea domains include only ____________________.
5 Multiple choice questions
- All plants share the characteristic of being an ________________.
- _____________ is the scientific study of how living things are classified.
- Scientists organize living things into groups so that the organisms are _______________.
- The fungi and protist kingdoms include both ______________________________.
- Taxonomic keys can be used to help determine the __________ of organisms.
5 True/False questions
domain → The classification level that is broader that kingdom is ___________.
make food → One characteristic used to place organisms into kingdoms is their ability to ______________.
poduced only by living things → Spontaneous generation is a mistaken idea because living things are _______________________.
Field guides and taxonomic keys → _____________ is the scientific study of how living things are classified.
domain → The group of organisms that includes only mulitcellular heterotrophs is _________________.