5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- make food
- food, water, living space, and stable internal conditions
- chemical makeup of their cells
- easier to study
- a One basis for placing organisms into different domains is the ____________________________.
- b The most abundant chemical found in living cells is _________.
- c Scientists organize living things into groups so that the organisms are _______________.
- d One characteristic used to place organisms into kingdoms is their ability to ______________.
- e To survive, all living things need __________, ___________, __________, and ________________.
5 Multiple choice questions
- To survive on Earth, the first cells needed the ability to use __________ in their surroundings for energy.
- Miller and Urey conducted an experiment where they recreated the _____________________________ in a flask.
- The fungi and protist kingdoms include both ______________________________.
- an organisms ability to maintain stable internal conditions is ___________________.
- The gradual change in species tme is called _______________.
5 True/False questions
organism's body structure → Scientists can get information about the evolutionary history of species by comparing __________________________.
autotroph → _____________ is the scientific study of how living things are classified.
have in common → The more classification levels that two organisms share, the more characteristics they ________________.
prokaryotes → Scientists hypothesize that the first life forms on Earth did not need ______________ to survive.
do not arise from nonliving materials → Spontaneous generation is a mistaken idea because living things are _______________________.