5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- poduced only by living things
- easier to study
- a All plants share the characteristic of being an ________________.
- b To survive on Earth, the first cells needed the ability to use __________ in their surroundings for energy.
- c Spontaneous generation is a mistaken idea because living things are _______________________.
- d Taxonomic keys can be used to help determine the __________ of organisms.
- e Scientists organize living things into groups so that the organisms are _______________.
5 Multiple choice questions
- An organism's scientific name consists of its _________________________.
- The source of energy for most autotrophs is the ________.
- The most abundant chemical found in living cells is _________.
- a change in an organism's surroundings that causes it to react is called ____________________
- An organism that makes its own food is called an __________.
5 True/False questions
domain → The classification level that is broader that kingdom is ___________.
food, water, living space, and stable internal conditions → To survive, all living things need __________, ___________, __________, and ________________.
unicellular and multicellular organisms → The fungi and protist kingdoms include both ______________________________.
evolution → The gradual change in species tme is called _______________.
have in common → The more classification levels that two organisms share, the more characteristics they ________________.