5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- poduced only by living things
- a The broades classification level is _______.
- b a change in an organism's surroundings that causes it to react is called ____________________
- c The Bacteria and Archaea domains include only ____________________.
- d All plants share the characteristic of being an ________________.
- e Spontaneous generation is a mistaken idea because living things are _______________________.
5 Multiple choice questions
- A plant growing twoard the light is an example of a _____________________.
- Charls Darwin's __________________ had a major impact on classification.
- The most abundant chemical found in living cells is _________.
- The more classification levels that two organisms share, the more characteristics they ________________.
- _____________ is the scientific study of how living things are classified.
5 True/False questions
food, water, living space, and stable internal conditions → An organism's scientific name consists of its _________________________.
make food → One characteristic used to place organisms into kingdoms is their ability to ______________.
chemicals → To survive on Earth, the first cells needed the ability to use __________ in their surroundings for energy.
oxygen → Scientists hypothesize that the first life forms on Earth did not need ______________ to survive.
domain → The source of energy for most autotrophs is the ________.