5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Field guides and taxonomic keys
- the conditions of early Earth
- make food
- a One characteristic used to place organisms into kingdoms is their ability to ______________.
- b an organisms ability to maintain stable internal conditions is ___________________.
- c _____________ and ____________ help to identify organisms.
- d Scientists hypothesize that the first life forms on Earth did not need ______________ to survive.
- e Miller and Urey conducted an experiment where they recreated the _____________________________ in a flask.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- The experiments of Redi and Pasteur helped to demonstrate that living things _______________________________.
- a change in an organism's surroundings that causes it to react is called ____________________
- One basis for placing organisms into different domains is the ____________________________.
- To survive on Earth, the first cells needed the ability to use __________ in their surroundings for energy.
- The classification level that is broader that kingdom is ___________.
5 True/False Questions
response → A plant growing twoard the light is an example of a _____________________.
poduced only by living things → Spontaneous generation is a mistaken idea because living things are _______________________.
identity → The broades classification level is _______.
have in common → One characteristic used to place organisms into kingdoms is their ability to ______________.
prokaryotes → The Bacteria and Archaea domains include only ____________________.