5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- do not arise from nonliving materials
- poduced only by living things
- chemical makeup of their cells
- genus name and species name
- a An organism's scientific name consists of its _________________________.
- b The experiments of Redi and Pasteur helped to demonstrate that living things _______________________________.
- c One basis for placing organisms into different domains is the ____________________________.
- d Spontaneous generation is a mistaken idea because living things are _______________________.
- e All plants share the characteristic of being an ________________.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Miller and Urey conducted an experiment where they recreated the _____________________________ in a flask.
- a change in an organism's surroundings that causes it to react is called ____________________
- an organisms ability to maintain stable internal conditions is ___________________.
- The fungi and protist kingdoms include both ______________________________.
- The classification level that is broader that kingdom is ___________.
5 True/False Questions
oxygen → The most abundant chemical found in living cells is _________.
food, water, living space, and stable internal conditions → The experiments of Redi and Pasteur helped to demonstrate that living things _______________________________.
easier to study → Scientists organize living things into groups so that the organisms are _______________.
make food → One characteristic used to place organisms into kingdoms is their ability to ______________.
theory of evolution → The gradual change in species tme is called _______________.