5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- do not arise from nonliving materials
- poduced only by living things
- unicellular and multicellular organisms
- Field guides and taxonomic keys
- a Spontaneous generation is a mistaken idea because living things are _______________________.
- b The experiments of Redi and Pasteur helped to demonstrate that living things _______________________________.
- c The classification level that is broader that kingdom is ___________.
- d The fungi and protist kingdoms include both ______________________________.
- e _____________ and ____________ help to identify organisms.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- _____________ is the scientific study of how living things are classified.
- The broades classification level is _______.
- An organism's scientific name consists of its _________________________.
- a change in an organism's surroundings that causes it to react is called ____________________
- The group of organisms that includes only mulitcellular heterotrophs is _________________.
5 True/False Questions
identity → The classification level that is broader that kingdom is ___________.
oxygen → Scientists hypothesize that the first life forms on Earth did not need ______________ to survive.
have in common → One characteristic used to place organisms into kingdoms is their ability to ______________.
autotroph → An organism that makes its own food is called an __________.
theory of evolution → Charls Darwin's __________________ had a major impact on classification.