5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Infraspinatus and teres minor
- Rhomboids major and minor
- Rectus abdominis
- Latissimus dorsi
- a What muscles have the greater tubercle of the humerus as its insertion?
- b What muscle extends the head; raises, rotates, and retracts (adducts) scapula and stabilizes it; superior fibers elevate scapula (as in shrugging the shoulders); and inferior fibers depress it?
- c What muscle is a prime mover of arm extension, it adducts and medially rotates arm; brings arm down in power stroke, as in striking a blow?
- d What muscle flexes and rotates vertebral column; increases abdominal pressure; fixes and depresses ribs; stabilizes pelvis during walking; and used in sit-ups and curls?
- e What muscle has the medial border of the scapula as its insertion?
5 Multiple choice questions
- What muscle has fibers converge to insert by short tendon into intertubercular sulcus of humerus as its insertion?
- What muscle has the posterior surface at the inferior angle of the scapula as its origin?
- What muscle pulls scapula medially (retraction); stabilize scapula; and rotates glenoid cavity downward?
- What muscles has the anterior surface of the last eight ribs as its origin?
- What muscle has the inguinal ligament, iliac crest, cartilages of last five or six ribs, and the lumbar fascia as its origin?
5 True/False questions
Internal oblique → What muscle has all the same functions as the external oblique?
Pectoralis major → What muscle has the clavicle, sternum, cartilage of ribs 1-6 (or 7), and aponeurosis of external oblique muscle as its origin?
Pectoralis minor → What muscle has fibers converge to insert by short tendon into intertubercular sulcus of humerus as its insertion?
Teres major → What muscle has the lateral margin of the scapula as its origin?
Trapezius → What muscle has the acromion and spinous process of the scapula, and the lateral third of the clavicle as its insertion?