5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Pectoralis major
- Latissimus dorsi
- Internal oblique
- Rectus abdominis
- a What muscle has the floor of the intertubercular sulcus of the humerus as its insertion?
- b What muscle is a prime mover of arm flexion; adducts, medially rotates arm; with arm fixed, pulls chest upward (thus also acts in forced inspiration)?
- c What muscle has the acromion and spinous process of the scapula, and the lateral third of the clavicle as its insertion?
- d What muscle has the Linea alba, pubic crest, and costal cartilages of the last three ribs as its insertion?
- e What muscle has the Xiphoid process and costal cartilages of ribs 5-7 as its insertion?
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- What muscles have the greater tubercle of the humerus as its insertion?
- What muscle has the clavicle, sternum, cartilage of ribs 1-6 (or 7), and aponeurosis of external oblique muscle as its origin?
- What muscle is a prime mover of arm extension, it adducts and medially rotates arm; brings arm down in power stroke, as in striking a blow?
- What muscles has the anterior surface of the last eight ribs as its origin?
- What muscle has the intertubercular sulcus of the humerus as its insertion?
5 True/False Questions
Pectoralis major → What muscle has the anterior surface of ribs 3-5, near their costal cartilages as its origin?
Rhomboids major and minor → What muscle has the pubic crest and symphysis as its origin?
Rectus abdominis → What muscle compresses abdominal contents?
Transversus abdominis → What muscle compresses abdominal contents?
Internal oblique → What muscle has the Linea alba, the pubic crest and tubercles, and the iliac crest as its insertion?