5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Teres major
- External oblique
- Pectoralis minor
- Pectoralis major
- Transversus abdominis
- a What muscle compresses abdominal wall; also aids muscles of back in trunk rotation and lateral flexion; used in oblique curls and has the same functions as the rectus abdominis?
- b What muscle has the posterior surface at the inferior angle of the scapula as its origin?
- c What muscle has the Linea alba and the pubic crest as its insertion?
- d What muscle is a prime mover of arm flexion; adducts, medially rotates arm; with arm fixed, pulls chest upward (thus also acts in forced inspiration)?
- e What muscle has the anterior surface of ribs 3-5, near their costal cartilages as its origin?
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- What muscles has the anterior surface of the last eight ribs as its origin?
- What muscle has the lumbar fascia, iliac crest, and inguinal ligament as its origin?
- What muscle is a prime mover of arm extension, it adducts and medially rotates arm; brings arm down in power stroke, as in striking a blow?
- What muscle has the pubic crest and symphysis as its origin?
- What muscle has the Xiphoid process and costal cartilages of ribs 5-7 as its insertion?
5 True/False Questions
Teres minor → What muscle has the lateral margin of the scapula as its origin?
Infraspinatus and teres minor → What muscle has the infraspinous fossa of the scapula as the arm as its origin?
The Linea Alba → What muscle extends, medially rotates, and adducts humerus; synergist of latissimus dorsi?
Infraspinatus → What muscle extends the head; raises, rotates, and retracts (adducts) scapula and stabilizes it; superior fibers elevate scapula (as in shrugging the shoulders); and inferior fibers depress it?
Pectoralis minor → What muscle has fibers converge to insert by short tendon into intertubercular sulcus of humerus as its insertion?