5 Written Questions
4 Matching Questions
- Pectoralis major
- Rhomboids major and minor
- External oblique
- a What muscle has the Linea alba, the pubic crest and tubercles, and the iliac crest as its insertion?
- b What muscle pulls scapula medially (retraction); stabilize scapula; and rotates glenoid cavity downward?
- c What muscle has the clavicle, sternum, cartilage of ribs 1-6 (or 7), and aponeurosis of external oblique muscle as its origin?
- d What muscle has the acromion and spinous process of the scapula, and the lateral third of the clavicle as its insertion?
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- What muscle has the anterior surface of ribs 3-5, near their costal cartilages as its origin?
- What muscle with ribs fixed, draws the scapula forward and inferiorly; and with scapula fixed, draws rib cage superiorly?
- What muscle has all the same functions as the external oblique?
- What muscle is a prime mover of arm extension, it adducts and medially rotates arm; brings arm down in power stroke, as in striking a blow?
- What muscle is a prime mover of arm flexion; adducts, medially rotates arm; with arm fixed, pulls chest upward (thus also acts in forced inspiration)?
5 True/False Questions
Rectus abdominis → What muscle flexes and rotates vertebral column; increases abdominal pressure; fixes and depresses ribs; stabilizes pelvis during walking; and used in sit-ups and curls?
Rhomboids major and minor → What muscle has the anterior surface of ribs 3-5, near their costal cartilages as its origin?
Pectoralis minor → What muscle has the coracoid process of the scapula as its insertion?
Trapezius → What muscle has the lateral margin of the scapula as its origin?
Teres major → What muscle has the lateral margin of the scapula as its origin?