5 Written questions
3 Matching questions
- Transversus abdominis
- Pectoralis major
- External oblique
- a What muscle has the Linea alba, the pubic crest and tubercles, and the iliac crest as its insertion?
- b What muscle is a prime mover of arm flexion; adducts, medially rotates arm; with arm fixed, pulls chest upward (thus also acts in forced inspiration)?
- c What muscle compresses abdominal contents?
5 Multiple choice questions
- What muscle compresses abdominal wall; also aids muscles of back in trunk rotation and lateral flexion; used in oblique curls and has the same functions as the rectus abdominis?
- What muscle has the Linea alba, pubic crest, and costal cartilages of the last three ribs as its insertion?
- What muscle is a prime mover of arm extension, it adducts and medially rotates arm; brings arm down in power stroke, as in striking a blow?
- What muscle has indirect attachment to the spinous processes of lower six thoracic vertebrae, lumbar vertebrae, and the last three to four ribs, and the iliac rest as its origin?
- What muscle has the spinous processes of C7 and T1-T5 as its origin?
5 True/False questions
Latissimus dorsi → What muscle has the floor of the intertubercular sulcus of the humerus as its insertion?
Teres major → What muscle has the posterior surface at the inferior angle of the scapula as its origin?
Trapezius → What muscle extends the head; raises, rotates, and retracts (adducts) scapula and stabilizes it; superior fibers elevate scapula (as in shrugging the shoulders); and inferior fibers depress it?
Infraspinatus and teres minor → What muscles have the greater tubercle of the humerus as its insertion?
Rhomboids major and minor → What muscle pulls scapula medially (retraction); stabilize scapula; and rotates glenoid cavity downward?