← Bio wB - Chapter 5 Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Exponential Growth
- a Occurs when numbers increase by a certain factor in each successive time period.
- b Animals eating plants.
- c A group of organisms of the same species that live together in one place at one time and interbreed.
- d The unique position occupied by a species. Both in terms of its physical use of its habitat and its function within an ecological community.
- e The movement of individuals out of a population.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- A relationship between two organisms in which one organism benefits and the other is unaffected.
- The movement of individuals into a population.
- Occurs when a population starts with a minimum number of individuals and reaches a maximum depending on the carrying capacity of the habitat.
- Variable that affects a population regardless of the population density.
- A relationship in which two different organisms live in close association with each other.
5 True/False Questions
Fundamental Niche → The actual niche that a species occupies in a community as a result of competition
Parasitism → An interaction between two organisms in which one organism, the predator, kills and feeds on the other organism, the prey.
Competitive Exclusion → The evolution of two or more species that is due to mutual influence.
Realized Niche → The actual niche that a species occupies in a community as a result of competition
Keystone Species → The largest population that an environment can support at any given time.