5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Advantages of Sexual Reproduction
- Crossing Over
- Somatic cells
- Result of meiosis
- a The exchange of genetic material between homologous chromosomes during prophase I of meiosis.
- b All other body cells that are not involved in sexual reproduction.
- c Four haploid cells.
- d Allows organisms to produce many offspring in a short period of time and produces a genetically diverse population.
- e A pair of homologous chromosomes.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- All of the events in the growth and development of an organism until the organism reaches sexual maturity.
- Chromosomes that have the same sequence of genes, that have the same structure, and that pair during meiosis.
- The process of creating offspring.
- A cell that is very small and has a small amount of cytoplasm.
- Meiosis in a diploid zygote results in the formation of the first cell of a multicellular haploid individual.
5 True/False Questions
Sex Chromosomes → Chromosomes with genes that determine the sex of an individual.
Sporophyte → The haploid phase that produces gametes by mitosis in plants.
Random Fertilization → A kind of reproduction in which the body breaks into several pieces.
Diploid → A cell that contains to haploid sets of chromosomes.
Asexual Reproduction → A single parent passes a complete copy of its genetic information to each of its offspring.